Lucy died

They don't disturb the chameleons sleep because they can not see the red off the light I have. I was told by an expert. It allows you to see in and allows heat to give off but the chameleon will not see it. Which is why he does not move his eyes around when I stand there and his uvb is off.

I am asking to see how it was cared for to help me see if I have any problems. Getting info now to stop whatever could happen to mine.

What "expert" told you this, it does disturb their sleep, they need complete darkness.

Sorry for your loss Steve, you did what you could.

They don't disturb the chameleons sleep because they can not see the red off the light I have. I was told by an expert. It allows you to see in and allows heat to give off but the chameleon will not see it. Which is why he does not move his eyes around when I stand there and his uvb is off.

I am asking to see how it was cared for to help me see if I have any problems. Getting info now to stop whatever could happen to mine.

What pssh and Steve have said is true. Red lights are bad.....you have been misinformed.

Also you have a male so you wont have an egg binding problem. If you want to make sure you are giving your cham the best care then start a new thread with this sticky and post some pictures so keepers can see what you are doing right or wrong.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

hmmm this is where you should do some research since you know so much and do everything for your chams, and consult with experts.

I have done alot of research and I still ask questions... so no I do not "know" everything.

I was told the light I have can be on 24/7 and wont disturb..

I read the box I have from the bulb. It says, "will not disrupt normal activity cycle/ ideal for nocturnal viewing."

Still mean it disturbs??

Yes, if you can see the color so can they. Its okay to use a couple times a year, but if your house is too cold you should invest in a space heater. A ceramic bulb would work better than a red one.

The box is not an "expert"

-Steve

Thats...not the expert...

Pssh I will try to buy a creamic bulb which I was going to do but I was handed that bulb. My house is not exactly freezing, I keep my door shut when I am not home and the heat is on 24/7 as well.

For now how will I keep him warm if the red bulb "disturbs" his sleeping.

Lets not be so harsh, you guys just kept telling him he was wrong but didn't give any explanation. He was just thinking of what would be best for his chameleon. Lets not turn this into one of the 'ugly' threads.

As long as your temps never drop below 50 in your house no need for a ceramic heater at all.

Lets no be so harsh, you guys just kept telling him he was wrong but didn't give any explanation. He was just thinking of what would be best for his chameleon. Lets not turn this into one of the 'ugly' threads.

Sorry, but he was acting up IMO. I cant stand people who start arguments, or act like: I'm right, your wrong, haha

-Steve

Sorry, but he was acting up IMO. I cant stand people who start arguments, or act like: I'm right, your wrong, haha

-Steve

I was not acting that way at all. If you thought so then sorry. You don't know me enough to think I act that way b/c I dont. :(

I didn't start anything but tell you what I was told.

Anyways, you dont need that bulb but you can use it on your feeders or roach colony if you ever get into the roaches.

EDIT: I dont think he was acting up at all. He was just concerned, and again, you guys provided no reason to not use the bulb so he was probably skeptical.

Oh! You should be using an normal incandecent bulb. They recognise the light with the heat, another reason why red bulbs dont really work well. Think about it in the wild, is the sun red? :)

Back
Top Bottom