LPGA Canadian open

The open starts tomorrow. Here’s the tv schedule for anyone interested in watching.

CP Women's Open: First Round
Thu 9:30AM ET / 6:30AM PT on TSN5

CP Women's Open: Second Round
Fri 9:30AM ET / 6:30AM PT on TSN5

CP Women's Open: Third Round
Sat 2:30PM ET / 11:30AM PT on TSN2

I’m not sure if they announced the tv times for Sunday yet.

I have gotten a few pictures of the event so far.

This is a signature hole with the big tree in the middle of 16 fairway.

071028C3-6FEC-4698-899C-10EF9B191ED8.jpeg

This is how dark it is when we start work in the morning.

2A9DDE00-5FEE-4181-A734-FE6CED99A5EA.jpeg

Here’s Brooke Henderson on 18 green yesterday. She finished out at -6 for the day yesterday.

01F62B51-70C6-4AFB-B916-8C28C115566F.jpeg

The crowd around 18 for Brooke Henderson.

39E4641A-9C3C-4451-B394-813C6A2ADEC5.jpeg

This is Michelle Liu. At 12 years old she is the youngest woman to ever play in the Canadian open.
D172E7D3-F0E8-43D2-97B3-1C847A45D34C.jpeg

Here’s another shot of 18 green from this morning.

4C81E6F1-0F82-4D02-9BB6-EDCF75AB2DCF.jpeg

Last edited:
The course is in amazing condition! Perfect conditions leading to some low scoring. Seems like some challenging elevation demanding some creativity. I bet the scores would go up quickly with some windy conditions! Bent grass greens and fairways are nice and consistent. Best feature of all is the bunker placement. Definitely keeps you thinking throughout the round!

Would love to play here!

The course is in amazing condition! Perfect conditions leading to some low scoring. Seems like some challenging elevation demanding some creativity. I bet the scores would go up quickly with some windy conditions! Bent grass greens and fairways are nice and consistent. Best feature of all is the bunker placement. Definitely keeps you thinking throughout the round!

Would love to play here!

Ya we got a couple perfectly timed rain storms before the tournament that made the course green up real fast. Luckily there not showing all the spots that have been completely destroyed by all people driving and walking over it.

The course is fairly wide open as long as you can hit the fairway and these lady’s definitely know how to hit a fairway. I have never seen anyone hit so far and so accurate on the course. It has been a crazy work week but also surreal watching all the pros and the huge crowds following them. The course has never been open to the public like this so everyone is coming to see the property as well as the golf.

Lennoncham said... "This is Michelle Liu. At 12 years old she is the youngest woman to ever play in the Canadian open."...she's amazing!

Ya she had some amazing shots. She screwed up a bit though but for 12 years old she’s better then most of the golfers we get here.

Just realized I never updated this. Was crazy busy at the time. Was an amazing experience and I still can’t believe it came and went so fast. There was 45,000 people that came through the course over the week. I don’t think that includes the 1200 volunteers, 300+ media people, golf Canada staff, lpga staff, grounds staff, security, golfers & caddies etc.

Jin young ko ended up winning the tournament. She played 4 amazing rounds and didn’t have 1 bogey the entire tournament. She is the top female golfer in the world and it shows. We ( the grounds crew well some of us) got a picture with her with the trophy at the end. As is tradition. (Im the one on the very far right with the beard lol )

4830DE13-A46B-45EC-ABDF-B6446DE7A99E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom