Lowering humidity

AmandaS

Retired Moderator
Currently my humidity is extremely high. Im trying to drop my chameleons humidity, which is proving rather difficult. Jacking up humidity? Got it!!! Lowering humidity? Help! I have unwrapped the cage and have lessened my mistings, one minute every 3 hours, but still my veileds levels are in the 70 percent. She is no Jackson, so what can I do now??

Here is her ridiculously large set up. All screen since I unwrapped the sides.

Attachments

• 0722191922.jpg
    0722191922.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 105
I never heard of a dehumidifier. And yes, i can have my mister do that, i just thought she needed a few oportunities to drink throught the day. But yeah, i can totally mist less. Thanks. Seems so obvious!!

I never heard of a dehumidifier. And yes, I can have my mister do that, i just thought she needed a few opportunities to drink through the day. But yeah, I can totally mist less. Thanks. Seems so obvious!!

Nothing with chams is obvious! My girl gets two mists before 10 am about 2 minutes each then a dry period until 4pm. I raise humjidity at night. Super white urates.

A dehumidifier might be a good option if you can't drop it. I'm in Colorado so I don't have humidity issues!

Hi hun... I have this issue but it is compounded by having a very high natural humidity level where I live... :( So I have a dehumidifier for my home that I run from 7am-6pm This pulls my cage humidity down to about 43-47 during the day. I am unable to get mine any lower. but without using it mine sits easily into the 70's which is no bueno.

I have my set up a little different to accommodate. I mist prior to lights on by about an hour for 1 minute. Then I do not mist again until 5pm for 3.5 minutes. I have my basking light go off for the day at 4pm to start dropping the heat level in the cage. By 5pm even with my T5's on the temps are at about 74-78. I do have an automated dripper I made and it runs all day from 7am-5pm. I also fog with a cool mist humidifier from 1am -5am because this is when my house temp is at its coolest.

Thank you Becca! I always appreciate the details you provide.
Your welcome hun. If you want to look at dehumidifiers I just bought this one because my last one died after 4 months... lol but this one works just as well and was cheaper... I have only had this one running for a week so I do not know how long it will go but I really like it so far. I have it in the same room with Beman about 6 feet away. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NRDBBH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom