Love Thang....

FaunaBgirl

Fractal (my veiled) rushes to the front of the cage and puts his face where I can rub it. He gets excited sometimes and pushes wildly at the soft 1/2 inch mesh of his cage to get me to do front and sides, etc. He likes it! Anyone's cham love to be rubbed?

Victoria loves to have her chin rubbed and loves to be handled. Constantly disinfect foaming my hands when I go to feed and check things becasue she will always be at the door of her cages when I am near. Whenever I'm working in the office she will rush to the side where my main system is and poke her head thru the fake leaves and just watch me, take off and hunt something down then back to poking her head thru the leaves in her basking spot to watch.. Funny to catch her doing so. But soon as I'm up she gets all excited moves to the vine that leads to her doors in hopes I will either track run her from one finger to another or put her in the large pothos I have next to my main computer system. When she is in that plant she is always on the side close to my hands on the keyboard. If I put her on the far side she instantly squirms over to the other side to be next to me. Got to admit though my G/F is growing jealous of her. Like whatever. Not like she comes into my office here at home to sit down and watch me or anything. pfft..

Last edited:
I'm Jealous, My male veiled barely tollerates eye contact! Puffs up, hisses, opens his mouth. He'd throw his turds at me if he had the ability.

my morph is the same.. she will come over to me when i open the cage and climb onto my hand with no hesitation. i don't ever rub or pet my herps but once in a while she will rub her head against my fingers like she has an itch or something :p

I'm Jealous, My male veiled barely tollerates eye contact! Puffs up, hisses, opens his mouth. He'd throw his turds at me if he had the ability.

HAHAHAA!!! You had me rolling with this one! I'm picturing your cham throwing poop like a monkey! Thanks for the laugh!!! :D

Mine looks at me like and hangs out, thinking food's comin... until I open the screen door...then he makes a mad dash to the back or top. Now when I take him out...he runs up my arm and climbs my face to the top of my head...within 20 seconds...he'll fall off my head and I catch him...then he does it all over again.
He's a mad man.

What i'd like to ask to those who's chams loved to be held, how old were they when you got them? Maybe cause theres a better bond between you two?

LMAO....:D

Mines the same, I just wish he'd lighten up, he lives the life of luxury (except the freedom), but he is only 7 months old, maybe there's hope in the future!!

Good question SupeRad :"What i'd like to ask to those who's chams loved to be held, how old were they when you got them? Maybe cause theres a better bond between you two?"

AND at what age did they start to be responsive towards handling etc?

Cheers
Scott...

Reading this and remembering Brad's reply on a previous post about handling chameleons makes me giggle. It is really good that your chameleon is comfortable around you.:D Four out of five of my chameleons are friendly and have never been aggressive towards me; as for the fifth one, well...

-Cala-

attention

so far my 3 month ambilobe only associates me with food. I hope to condition him to being handled. Can't say he enjoys it yet.

Loved reading all the posts to my Love Thang thread... I will say that it's not always been like this. And recently he had a bad day where he puffed and hissed at me and didn't want anything to do with me. But that was after I had brought the male Jackson on my finger in front of him... jealousy? Anyway, he's back to his "I need attention and rubs. Also, I got him one of those big wooden parrot ladders and hung it like a suspended railroad and he really likes it. Makes him more comfortable and kick down might be that he's more comfortable with me. We have a routine now and I believe animals actually like that, adapt and expect. So be nice to your chams, they can change. I've had my male veiled since he was 1 month old. He's now 1 year and one month.

hA HA HA- Throw poo like a monkey. I think mine has at one point. lol He has cussed me out several times too. He has calmed down considerably but I do not think I will ever get to rub him. I am hoping my female will have a better personality. My panther is chill and will climb out on me and then go back in. He likes the safety of his cage. I think it is cause he has one eye and only likes familiar territory. My male I dont think will ever calm down enough to rub him. When he is out free roaming he will crawl all over me but if I touch him he will turn to the devil:p I am very jealous of you!

Back
Top Bottom