Louie update

Swtbobcat

So I have been making the changes that have been suggested to make Louie a happier and healthier chameleon and it seems to be working. The spot on his side hasn't grown and doesn't bother him. He's moving a lot more since I've been feeding him the dubia roaches and crickets and I've been mak8ng sure to gutload them and use the calcium powder on them. I ordered him an XL cage but when it came in the screen was torn so i am awaiting a new one which has been shipped. I also have added more verticle climbing items for him. He really likes that. Ive been able to keep his humidity high up and temp up. I've also reset up his water dripper. The live plant is coming this weekend. Here's a picture of him sleeping without any lights or heat lamp on.
Just another thank you to all who have offered ways for me to help make his life a better one.

Attachments

• 20191228_035311.jpg
    20191228_035311.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 63
Yay! Glad to hear about the great progress being made. I’m sure Louie appreciates it.

Not sure where you ordered your plant from... if it’s from somewhere like Josh’s Frogs you don’t need to worry about this. If it’s from a general plant nursery, you’ll want to make sure your plant is prepped and cleaned before going into Louie’s enclosure.

This video shows you how at 3:30

Could you take a picture of the whole cage? What is your supplement schedule, did you fix it?

I don't have his new cage yet set up cuz i am waiting the replacement but it will be 24 x 24 x 48 but once i do ill be taking a picture. I put the repti calcium on the dubia roaches and use cricket quencher to feed the crickets. My roaches right now are munching on apple chunks. Im gonna move to some dandelion greens ln the next couole of days. Im feeding him about every other day. He is loving the roaches.

It sounds like you don't have a schedule for supplementing. You are going to want to use calcium powder without d3 most days, and then 2 times a month use calcium with d3, and then 2 times a month use a multivitamin. So just alternate the weeks, one week d3, one week multivitamin, ect ect.

You can/should be gutloading crickets the same as for roaches. The cricket quencher will only keep the crickets alive...no nutrition to be passed on to Louie.
Just to throw an idea at you...what I did after getting all set up...fill out a new help form with your all the current info just to make sure you’ve got it all right. :) Because we didn’t overwhelm you enough the first time!:p

You can/should be gutloading crickets the same as for roaches. The cricket quencher will only keep the crickets alive...no nutrition to be passed on to Louie.
Just to throw an idea at you...what I did after getting all set up...fill out a new help form with your all the current info just to make sure you’ve got it all right. :) Because we didn’t overwhelm you enough the first time!:p
Thanks for the information and i will do that.

Back
Top Bottom