Lots of babies!!!

Rottsko

Avid Member
some pics of the babies. from new hatchlings to 2 month olds. enjoy!!!

Attachments

• babies.jpg
    babies.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 928
  • babies2.jpg
    babies2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 173
So cute! :)
At what point do you start dusting their feeders?
You dont dust fruit flies, do you?? :confused:
thx! i dust FF's from day one for the babies. i dust w/ calcium plus (very lightly) for FF's and when they switch over the 1/4 inch crickets, i put them on my normal regimen for adults...calcium w/o D3, multivitamin and calcium w/ D3.

Looking good Sang!

I also dust FF's. It actually prevents most of them from climbing out of the baby tubs too! Just dust lightly or you'll kill them Lol.

Looking good Sang!

I also dust FF's. It actually prevents most of them from climbing out of the baby tubs too! Just dust lightly or you'll kill them Lol.

thx rob!

Is it bad that i always want to see how many i can hold in my hand at once?

lol. no but make sure you are kneeling. you're guaranteed to lose a couple. :) here's a pic i posted a while back. you're post reminded me of this.

61456d1344201835-soul-train-imageuploadedbytapatalk1344201835.826600.jpg

Last edited:
I separate babies as soon as I see bullying or if any of them are just giant compared to the others. On the average, I separate out babies by 2-2.5 months.

I cant imagine dusting tiny fruit flies :eek: that doesn't sound like much fun ;)
I hate those things anyway :eek:

When you separate your babies, do you give them their own little screen cage,
or a plastic box until they are big enough for a real cage? :confused:

I think it's good to handle them as babies, they get used to humans faster :)

The big business breeders, like FL Chams, crank out 100's of chams!
He only handles them when they ship to customers.
No TLC for the little ones :(
He could never even tell me their hatch dates.

Great pics !

Would you be willing to take pics of the entire baby setup? Lighting, etc. the entire enclosure? How are you watering the babies? Mist system or are you just spraying those tubs?

Shea Peterson

lol. dusting ff's aren't that bad. you just have to keep tapping the cup that you dust them in so they fall from the walls as they're climbing. when i separate my babies, i separate them into cages or bins. the new hatchlings all go into bins but as they get bigger and they're able to eat crickets, i put them into cages. i separate them out by size so that a small baby never gets in w/ a "big" baby. lol.

i'm actually going to be remodeling my cham room over the winter break. we moved over the summer and never really got it to how i wanted it but i'll be remodeling it so it's just the way i want it. i can post pics then.

when we moved, my cham room got significantly smaller so i had to downsize a little bit but w/ the remodel i think i'll be as big or bigger than before the move. i'll be using a lot of space saving tricks to do. i'll keep you guys updated.

Back
Top Bottom