lost chameleon

chamfan87

from posts I searched its yet another lost chameleon :(. I have my chameleon setup so hes in like a corner next to a window with his cage and a tree next to it so he can free range when he wants but its caged off with plastic so he cant get a grip on anything. Sunday he was in his area and I left to go get crickets came back a little later and noticed he wasn't in his cage anymore he has only done this like once before and he climbed up the cord to my black light and he was sleeping on top of it, but this time he is no where to be found and I live in the attic so he cant get downstairs and I have looked everywhere in my room. I do have another room up here packed with stuff, but don't know if he could have gotten in there. only other place he could of gone is out the window because I have a fan in the window but there is a little space underneath the guards and I have some wires that go out the window that actually meet up with the cable wire that goes out to the telephone pole but goes through a tree so that's my second guess since its right next to the cord that he went up last time. I have been out there at night with led flashlight looking into the tree even climbed up it, but haven't had any luck. i want to look in the other room but its pretty packed and if he is in there and under something i don't wanna move something and have something fall.

if theres a chance he got outside you need to get a spotlight an shine it into the trees an stuff around your place when its dark he will be sleeping an have on sleeping colors there real easy to pick out of the surroundings. good luck to you hope you find your cham

Maybe put a cup with worms (or his favorite feeder...disable it if you need to) in his cage? He isn't far, that's something I'm sure of. Look everywhere, especially in high places, but everywhere. I think there was once a story of a chameleon being found behind a toilet.

Look at night with flashlights.... but chances are he wandered into a dark area or under something and fell asleep. Get down on your knees and look under things, like your desk or in a book shelf. If he is leaving the free range, there might be something you aren't doing right. Normally chameleons don't leave a free range if everything is dialed in right.

Could you post pictures? Take a few minutes to photograph the area and post them. It might provoke discussion and just maybe will provoke an "aha" moment when the digital camera picks up something the human eye missed.

It's just an idea.

i lost my main breeder a week ago.. kids broke latch on cage..he climbed out.. i searched for hrs during the day.. spraying the trees with the hose to create movement..he doesnt like to be sprayed..that might help......it didnt for me..:mad::mad:i decided to wait until night.. and with a brite flashlight i found him in 30 min.. asleep at the top of a 50ft tree... good luck to you...i was worried so i know how you feel.... try soaking everything to provoke him to move... then wait till dark...:eek::eek:

My Senegal escaped once and hid down the side of my bed, give dark places a look as well as outside when it gets dark.

hes only done it once before he usually just chills in his area all day or under the basking light and doesn't try and leave. i'm not certain that he got outside since the opening is not that big he might not have been able to get through the space is about 1-1/2" and he isn't exactly small, but if he were to get through then he would def be able to climb down and pretty much get to any tree in my yard or my neighbors yard this is more like a worse case scenario. I don't have much in my room its actually pretty small i'm gonna tear it apart again when I get home from work today and possibly tear the other room apart to hopefully find my little guy. ill try spraying the tree also cause i know he hates that so if he is in there maybe he will move.

also if he were to be in a dark place would he just sleep the entire time if light never got to him? I would think if he was in my room in a dark place sleeping that he would come out once he woke up.

well I searched the other room in the attic where I am took pretty much everything out and put it back to find nothing :( I looked 3 times over in my room which isn't that big and nothing. I fear he has gone outside and I don't think i'm going to see him again there are alot of tall trees, cats and birds where I live I have searched during the day before work, when I get home from work and at night when he would be sleeping with his bright colors, but have had no luck :(.

Just wondering if you found him....my escaped his outdoor enclosure today and I haven't seen any sign of him anywhere :( SUCKS

don't give up looking! He probably is not too far from where he got out!!! Do as the others have suggested and look at night with a flashlight.

Back
Top Bottom