Lost and found: Need identification, sexing, advice

MantisFTW

I got a call from a lady that said that she just found this chameleon walking around in her yard. We agree to meet so that I can pick him up and take him home. She sent me a few pictures prior, and I instantly thought female just judging from the colors. Ive only ever dealt with ambilobe panthers and vields before.
When I actually saw him in front of me, I was astounded. This thing was HUGE! Ive never seen a panther so big and there was no way it was an ambilobe, nearly the size of a vield. And it looks male to me, and he is absolutely GORGEOUS. It turns stark white and red when showing off.

I am working on finding the owner, I have a few posts locally... but wow I would love to keep this cham for myself if no one does claim him. :p

From quick research, he looks like a nosy boraha panther? And I am thinking male from that color display and slight bulge. If anyone has any advice on finding a lost chams home, and any other info on this species please let me know!

21c9u9u.jpg

2j0jyvn.jpg

sct9ab.jpg

2wbxqoo.jpg

2m7x2ft.jpg
atspe.jpg

Wow, beautiful chameleon. I hope you find his owner and I also hope you get to keep him. Where do you live? Im guessing Florida?

Hey MantisFTW,
Nice find , he has a u bar marking like a Sambava ,Never have seen one that color combination .It may be a Panther/Oustalet hybrid /being so large ? Cool Cham
Dave

I live in Louisiana. He was found in the Lafayette/Youngsville area.
I can't imagine where he would have come from. We don't have a huge cham community here and given his rare locale and overall health, someone knew what they were doing. It wasn't just some kids escaped or released pet, I'm sure he belonged to an avid hobbyist.

Wow you found Bobby's Masoala, it has been out for months and he has been going nuts over loosing him.
Very cool

Wow! The chameleon world is a small place, but that beats all. A) That's a beautiful cham, B) Kudos to @MantisFTW for taking in a lost cham, and C) @Saldarya you must be over the moon!

Is he one of the chams from the big import you guys did a year or two back?

Ive contacted Bobby. :) This is great news! I am only slightly disappointed I couldnt keep him! He is a beautiful and unique one hahahaha. This is probably just as well though because I would have named him something dumb like Kringle, he looks like a walking Christmas decoration! :ROFLMAO:

I had a feeling it belonged to Bobby too, but I had lost his contact info. He is the only one I know that would own this type of cham in my area.
Im so glad we found his home. I think this is a sign that I need to get another chameleon lol. Ironically, I lost my panther boy a while back and he was my only one. When someone told me they found a cham in their yard, I got excited and thought that it may have been mine for a moment. I think I need another cham in my life. :p
How long has this guy been gone?

Back
Top Bottom