loss of appetite?

bluegeorge

Sorry if this has been asked before...

My 8 month old Panther seems to have slowed down his appetite and is off his food. For the first 6 weeks he was eating 6-10 crickets a day (sometimes more) and then in the afternoon having silkworms or the occassional wax worm as a treat.

I free feed him and he when I put the crix in his cage he would hunt them down and within the hour they would all be gone.

He is off his crickets and is eating 1 or 2 in the am and is only eating a few inch long silkworms a day. Yesterday I offered him large phoenix worms which he ate about 6 and that was it. Today he is not interested in them.

I have tried superworms, meal worms, horn worms, crix, phoenix and silkworms...he eats a few and that is it.

This has been going on for a week now and its not visibly effecting his weight but I am worried it might if this continues. I am misting 4 times a day and he is drinking fine, is hydrated and he is pooping every 2 or 3 days and
they are normal but are smaller as he is not eating as much.

Am I worrying too much?

I thought he was going to about a week ago, he was keeping to himself, was moodier than normal and laying low. His grey areas went really dark and his blue really had a green tinge to his colouring.

I am keeping up the mistings but no shed as yet. His last shed was about a month ago so i am not sure if he is due for another yet or what the signs to look for are...

I just don't want him getting sick :(

2 to 3 insects a day is plenty for an 8 month old Panther.
He is not a baby anymore and not a girl ... it's normal for his appetite to slow down.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom