Looking to buy a used Dragon Strand cage

I am looking to upgrade my chameleons cage and managed to spot a used Dragon Strand for sale. It includes quite a bit of other accessories also and wanted to get some advice on whether or not it's a good buy. It is a 24x48x48 Dragon Strand hybrid vivarium. Thank you ahead of time and I apologize if this isn't posted correctly. Only posting the photos in order to get some advice-they are not my photos.

This is what the seller information says: The Hybrid version is for keepers who want more control over the hydration and humidity in their caging environment. With both sides and the back solid PVC humidity gradients may be created and a more rigorous mist coverage can be handled to accommodate a denser planting strategy. The front main door and top front panel of the Tall Hybrid are acrylic for clear viewing, humidity retention and to create a chimney effect. The chimney effect is where the warm air near the top screen panel rises and pulls air through the service door under the main door. This produces a subtle, but constant, air circulation through the cage. Solid white PVC back. As most cages are up against a wall, this protects the house walls from mist overspray and reflects light back into the cage. The Hybrid system extends the PVC to both sides. Patented Dragon Ledges. Dragon Ledges are anchors that allow you to easily mount horizontal branches and potted plants. They are standard with all Dragon Strand cages. The Tall Cage Systems come with two for each side and two for the back. Hydration Mount. This included mount allows the installation of Mist-King and Cli-Mist nozzles and also a grommeted input for 1/4″ tubing. This tubing input can be used for installing a plant watering drip system. Both the Tall Screen and Tall Hybrid Cage versions come with two Hydration Mounts. Drainage Tray with Screen Floor. Each cage includes a drainage tray which is placed under the cage. The cage rests on the tray and the water from the cage flows into the tray. The major benefit is that waste water is physically separated from the inside of the cage where the poop, water, and escaped feeders can combine to create an unhygienic bacteria pill for the chameleon. A screen floor is also included which allows you the option to switch out the solid one. If you have plants on the floor then the solid one is good to use for support. If you use the Dragon Ledges to create a floating garden style in the air with the bottom clear, then use the screen floor for 100% drainage of the water. The drainage tray extends beyond the cage front so you can suck out the water using a wet/dry vacuum and crevice tool.

These are the questions I asked:
The Mist King...which version is it and what model?(Starter, Ultimate etc.)
Is the drip tray included? I didn't see it in the picture.
Is this a double cage as the dragon strand website lists the cages as 24X23X48.
Also, are all the parts included for the mist king etc.?
Is there anything broken?
What are the brands of lighting?

The seller answered:
Hello it’s the starter.
Drip tray is included.
Dragon strand stopped selling the bigger version for some reason so it would be the same size as buying two and combining them but it’s just one big one.
Nothing is broken.
The lights are all Arcadia

Attachments

• cham3.jpg
    cham3.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 17
  • cham2.jpg
    cham2.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 18
  • cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 24
He said he'll do $650! Thank you for the advice. I was trying to find out how much one of the larger cages cost when they were still available but couldn't find it anywhere. My husband wants to know(cause I'm spending all the monies :LOL:💸)

He said he'll do $650! Thank you for the advice. I was trying to find out how much one of the larger cages cost when they were still available but couldn't find it anywhere. My husband wants to know(cause I'm spending all the monies :LOL:💸)
Hahahahaha I’m spending all the monies over here too 😂😂😂

Just to give you an idea I spent a tiny bit less on that price on just one of my DS enclosures so that’s a killer deal. The mist king alone is like 175.

One thing I would note is do you like in a state that is already high humidity?

I am looking to upgrade my chameleons cage and managed to spot a used Dragon Strand for sale. It includes quite a bit of other accessories also and wanted to get some advice on whether or not it's a good buy. It is a 24x48x48 Dragon Strand hybrid vivarium. Thank you ahead of time and I apologize if this isn't posted correctly. Only posting the photos in order to get some advice-they are not my photos.

These are the questions I asked:
The Mist King...which version is it and what model?(Starter, Ultimate etc.)
Is the drip tray included? I didn't see it in the picture.
Is this a double cage as the dragon strand website lists the cages as 24X23X48.
Also, are all the parts included for the mist king etc.?
Is there anything broken?
What are the brands of lighting?

The seller answered:
Hello it’s the starter.
Drip tray is included.
Dragon strand stopped selling the bigger version for some reason so it would be the same size as buying two and combining them but it’s just one big one.
Nothing is broken.
The lights are all Arcadia
sounds like a great deal to me! and with all that supplies and stuff. I personally would go for it too.

Hahahahaha I’m spending all the monies over here too 😂😂😂

Just to give you an idea I spent a tiny bit less on that price on just one of my DS enclosures so that’s a killer deal. The mist king alone is like 175.

One thing I would note is do you like in a state that is already high humidity?
I live in Washington State so we are not high humidity but not dry either. Are we talking like southern US humidity? Nothing like that up here. I'd melt 🫠

I live in Washington State so we are not high humidity but not dry either. Are we talking like southern US humidity? Nothing like that up here. I'd melt 🫠
Ok good. Just making sure you weren’t buying something to lock in high humidity if you lived in a very humid state. Seems like an amazing deal tbh. Congratulations!!

Ok good. Just making sure you weren’t buying something to lock in high humidity if you lived in a very humid state. Seems like an amazing deal tbh. Congratulations!!
Thank you for taking the time to assist me! I did a quadruple take when I saw it. It is not too far from my house also so I took it as a sign from the Gods.
High Five Tina Fey GIF

Usually I'm the one looking for something that has long since disappeared from existence. (womp womp) Do you have the hybrid cage? Have you had any issues long term with your cage or have any advice?

Thank you for taking the time to assist me! I did a quadruple take when I saw it. It is not too far from my house also so I took it as a sign from the Gods.
High Five Tina Fey GIF

Usually I'm the one looking for something that has long since disappeared from existence. (womp womp) Do you have the hybrid cage? Have you had any issues long term with your cage or have any advice?
I have a hybrid and it’s amazing! No major complains about it :)

I have a hybrid and it’s amazing! No major complains about it :)
What do you set your enclosure on? My current cage is custom built(another amazing find by my hubby!) and sits on legs. I had to tape cardboard boxes over the front and side of the screen as our new cat Dorito(or as my husband calls him when he's good: Cool Ranch and bad: Nacho cheese🤦‍♀️) decided he wanted to make friends with Lou and kept climbing the cage😱!!This cage will definitely need something strong! Gotta find a different spot for it. Dining room isn't going to cut it. Also, I have a large Pothos and a few fake plants. I have some fake branches but was wondering what your favorite type is if you have to choose a fake one?

High Five Tina Fey GIF

I think us cham people are a little spread out unfortunately so that doesn’t surprise me to hear that.

What do you set your enclosure on? My current cage is custom built(another amazing find by my hubby!) and sits on legs. I had to tape cardboard boxes over the front and side of the screen as our new cat Dorito(or as my husband calls him when he's good: Cool Ranch and bad: Nacho cheese🤦‍♀️) decided he wanted to make friends with Lou and kept climbing the cage😱!!This cage will definitely need something strong! Gotta find a different spot for it. Dining room isn't going to cut it. Also, I have a large Pothos and a few fake plants. I have some fake branches but was wondering what your favorite type is if you have to choose a fake one?
I have mine on a desk. I also use real branches that I found outside. I then use zip ties to connect them together when putting them in the enclosure :)
Here’s a video from Neptune the chameleon on how to sanitize and stuff.

as for plants I also use only live ones :)
IMG_2467.jpeg

Last edited:
So I paid about $900 with shipping for my DS Hybrid atrium like this one back in 2020 before supply chain problems and increased costs. Only difference was he was not adding acrylic doors when I got mine so mine were screen doors.

So with everything coming with this one it is a very good deal... Make sure you clean the cage properly to ensure nothing cross contaminates.

If this helps you can see my build thread here. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/new-dragon-strand-hybrid-large-atrium-for-my-beman-3.176158/

Back
Top Bottom