looking for some tips on what im doing

chamzilla91

Hi I'm new to the forum and I have a 4-5 month old female veiled. I have her in a 18x18x36 reptibreeze cage, reptisun 5.0 18" linear tube, she gets 5 large crickets everyday and I dust with calcium(no d3) every other feeding and use herptivite once a month, I mist her cage for several minutes 2 or 3 times a day and have a drip system going for like 8 or so hours a day

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. Veiled, female, 4-5 months How long has it been in your care?4 1/2 months. Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Once or twice a week(she is pretty tolerant of it). Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Crickets, superworms, and lettuce/grapes What amount? 6 crickets a day ususally. What is the schedule? 6 crickets then4 crickets and 1 superworm every other day. How are you gut-loading your feeders? Flukers orange cubes. Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Repcal without d3 every other day then herptivite once a month. Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? Dripper and misting. How often and how long to you mist? 3x a day for 4 minutes. Do you see your chameleon drinking? Occasionally. Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Brown withsome mucous and white log thing. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No. History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Cage Info: Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) Screen. What are the dimensions? 18x18x36. Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using?zoomed reptisun 5.0 linear 18" and 75 watt basking bulb and 75 watt nighttime light What is your daily lighting schedule? Basking/uvb on at 7am and off at 8pm then nighttime light at night. Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? 70 at bottom 75 ambient 84 basking. Lowest overnight temp? 68. How do you measure these temps? Digital thermometer(needs replacing) Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? Misting and dripper. What do you use to measure humidity? Replacing hygrometer in a day or so. Plants - Are you using live plants? One. If so, what kind? Bamboo stalk. Placement the cage relative to your room floor? 2 feet up. Location - Where are you iowa.

Back
Top Bottom