Looking for recs on best supplement brands

Yaz

Hello everyone 🌻

I am looking to order supplements for my veiled cham and would love some recommendations on the best brands out there and where they are sold. Looking for an everyday mineral supplement with calcium, and then biweekly on rotation a calcium with D3 and a multivitamin.

Arcadia supplements are my first choice, but they're sold out everywhere I have checked.

My cham's usual vitamin brand/schedule is as follows:
- Every feeding: Arcadia EarthPro-A
- Every other Friday (Twice a month): Arcadia RevitalizeD3
- Every other Friday (Twice a month): ZooMed Reptivite multivitamin

This is my first time posting after months of lurking. Really excited to read through all your replies, so thank you!

Also, I should mention I have seen a lot of negative reviews on Repashy supplements and therefore not purchased any of their products, but it's all anecdotal, so idk if that is something I should rethink

Hi and welcome. Since you're not a lurker anymore lol it would be good if you could fill out a husbandry form. I use the full arcadia range in the cycle it is set out . Is your zoo med with or without d3 as you are giving a multivitamin 4 times a month

Hi and welcome. Since you're not a lurker anymore lol it would be good if you could fill out a husbandry form. I use the full arcadia range in the cycle it is set out . Is your zoo med with or without d3 as you are giving a multivitamin 4 times a month

Thank you!

Where do you purchase your Arcadia supplements, if you don't mind me asking? I cannot find them in stock anywhere and my supply is running low.

I only use the ZooMed reptivite multivitamin every other Friday, so twice a month. It does not have D3. Is this unnecessary when I am using the other Arcadia supplements I listed?

Husbandry:

My cham is in a tall hybrid Dragonstand enclosure

Average temperatures:
- Day time: 75-78°F
- Night time: 70°F (this is only recent bc I do not have heat control in my apartment during winter. The heat is controlled by the building. I am working on ways to cool this down to 60-65°F- considering purchasing a small space cooler.
- Basking spot: 84-86°F

Humidity:
- Day time levels: 30-40%
- Night time levels: ~75%
- Automatic mister: 3 minutes per misting. 3 times a day. Right before lights on. Right before lights off. Midway through night time.
- Fogger: On at for 8 hours at night and occasionally during the day when humidity drops too low.

Feeding:
- Food schedule: 3 to 4 bugs every Mon/Wed/Fri. I skip weekends.
- Vitamin schedule: Every feeding: Arcadia EarthPro-A | Every other Friday (Twice a month): Arcadia RevitalizeD3 | Every other Friday (Twice a month): Zoomed Reptivite Multivitamin
- Insects: Healthy: Dubia roaches, black fly larvae, black soldier flies, silkworms, moths, crickets
Treats: waxworms, superworms, hornworms

Gutloading:
- Start gutloading 12 hours before feeding
- Usual gutload: mustard greens, turnip greens, collard greens, escarole lettuce, papaya, watercress, alfalfa Dry: bee pollen, unsalted sunflower seeds, spirulina, seaweed, flaxseed, unsalted raw almonds
- Less frequent gutload: sweet potato, carrots, oranges, apple, mango, kale, butternut squash, beet greens, blackberries, bok choy, green beans, watermelon

Laying Bin:
- 6 inches deep
- 50% sand / 50% organic potting soil

Lighting:
- Schedule: 12 hours on and 12 hours off
- UVB: 24W 5.0 Zoo Med Reptisun 34 inches *Replacing every 6 months
- Plant light: 6500K bulb
- Heating bulb: 100w incandescent light bulb

Last edited:
What age of chameleon do you have? Definitely either stop the Arcadia Revitalise with D3 or Zoo Med Reptivite, as only one is needed. If you stick with the Reptivite, you’ll also need a D3 supplement. Could you fill out this form, too, please? Some of these categories were left out in your husbandry info. Add pics of your cham, its cage, and its lights

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Last edited:
I would personally stick with the earth pro a and revitalise d3 I see dragon strand currently have both but not the cal mg until mid February. And ditch the zoo med

I think you can stop using the reptivite if you want. You could replace it with EP-a or add the calcium pro-mg in its place

the only thing you’re getting over EP-a is another dose of A and E. The EP-a has mineral assortment, B vitamins and K, carotenoids, amino acids, just not the A and E which your revitalize is already providing

Other brands with great success besides Arcadia’s Earth-Pro line (I’d use them going with Arcadia’s Insectivore supplement schedule) are Zoo Med and Sticky Tongue Farms (Miner-all and Vit-all). Repashy is good but has a track record of causing edema

Back
Top Bottom