Looking for recommendation on foggers

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I see old posts about them but wondered if there are any new recommendations as well as how to clean them and how often? Do you just clean with dish soap?

In September or October heaters come on here in Maine and I’ll be setting mine for 65-67 F. The air gets really dry in winter so I’ll need a fogger and don’t want to wait to get what I’ll need.

I can’t suggest any particular brand or model. I would look for one that is top filling and has a timer. You also want one that has the tubing to direct it to the enclosure. For cleaning, I think a weekly cleaning/rinse with vinegar would be good to remove bacteria and mineral build up. To prolong the life of any humidifier, you may want to use distilled or RO water.

I have one but it fills from the bottom and is a pain. I’d rather have a top filling one and one that a pvc pipe will fit in the spot the fog comes out of. That’s the only way it can get to the top of the enclosure and fog downwards

Well this is what I’ve got for now. I didn’t do this alone, I had help but I think this will work. I was able to break the white plastic piece on the humidifier that prevented me from getting the pvc pipe down into the fogger part then we cut and fit the lengths of pipe with a couple elbows. The white plastic piece I broke off doesn’t effect the humidifier at all. What do you think?

Attachments

• 3A568894-D9E9-4995-9CE4-50AECA6A7972.jpeg
    3A568894-D9E9-4995-9CE4-50AECA6A7972.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 67
Well this is what I’ve got for now. I didn’t do this alone, I had help but I think this will work. I was able to break the white plastic piece on the humidifier that prevented me from getting the pvc pipe down into the fogger part then we cut and fit the lengths of pipe with a couple elbows. The white plastic piece I broke off doesn’t effect the humidifier at all. What do you think?
Nice! You did a great job! :)

I have a similar schedule to @JacksJill. I fog from 1a.m-5:45 a.m. Some people fog only when the humidity is low, while others fog for a specific duration. I like to fog for a specific duration during the coldest part of the night for added humidity. It's ultimately up to you. Both methods work.

Your welcome, anytime! I do apologize for being late to this conversation. I meant to respond earlier today but forgot to.

Hi Linda,
Your cage setup and PVC piping looks great, well done.
I did something similar and really like this fogger, is to maintain and fill, you only need to add an own timer. Blows a lot of fog and only use it in setting 2 (there are 3), and that I only need to refill it once a week. I run it from 11.00pm till 6.00am for 15 minutes every hour.

Here´s my thread about it https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/fogger-tube-modification.181357/

Back
Top Bottom