Looking For New Lighting !

Damian

I have been outa the loop for the past few years with Chams due to am ugly divorce and now I am in a good place to start fresh and I am looking for some advice on lighting. Its a huge part of being successful and I dont want to cut any corners period but if there's a way to save some money I would love for you guys input. Feel free to PM me or reply if ya have something. Basically I am looking for flourescents at this point. The new tech and all is a lot to think about !

I use T8 48" shop lights to span across 2 cages. I put a 6500k in one side and a reptisun 5.0UVB in the other. For basking light I use a clamp light with a 40 -60 watt incandescent lightbulb. Here is the breakdown in cost

Stoplight $15.00
6500k. $7.00
Reptisun. $20.00
Clamp light $9.00

Everything on this list is available at lowes or home depot except the UVB bulb. You can get those on amazon for pretty good prices.

I use Arcadia T5 HO for UVB. Here is a look at my setup from my blog. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/decadancin/754-winter-lighting-schedule.html Check out site sponsor Light Your Reptiles for information. Todd is very helpful! The cost of the bulbs is worth it due to the fact that they last AT LEAST a year as opposed to many others that last about six months. The T5's are way brighter and show so much more color in the enclosure! You may also want to check out LEDs for larger enclosures. Hope this gives you some ideas! :)

I use Arcadia T5 HO for UVB. Here is a look at my setup from my blog. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/decadancin/754-winter-lighting-schedule.html Check out site sponsor Light Your Reptiles for information. Todd is very helpful! The cost of the bulbs is worth it due to the fact that they last AT LEAST a year as opposed to many others that last about six months. The T5's are way brighter and show so much more color in the enclosure! You may also want to check out LEDs for larger enclosures. Hope this gives you some ideas! :)

so true.
:)

Back
Top Bottom