Looking for LARGE branches

JoeDigiorgio

Avid Member
I've seen some really impressive enclosures on here and I'm looking to create at least 1 but maybe a few large perches for my patio. I will be free ranging some large chameleons out there very soon and want to provide more horizontal perches than my trees and hanging plants can provide.

I'm struggling to find grape wood larger than 24" online and one place locally has a single large piece but it's not cheap and I would need multiple pieces to make it work as a perch because of its shape.

Think parrot perch but for chameleons I guess. My ideal plan is to seat a relatively straight "trunk" in a flower pot of concrete and then have horizontal branches at about 5-6' high. That would be ideal height for their comfort with easy feeding.

Brainstorm ideas if you would be so kind.

I know ghostwood comes from CA... I have ordered 36" pieces from NEHERP but it ain't cheap. The big branches I'm using came from an oak tree in our yard that dropped a branch. Do you know anyone that has wooded land that would let you look for branches?

I know some snake keepers make gyms out of pvc...that might work (although ugly) if you could get pvc thin enough for the chams to use.

I've seen some really impressive enclosures on here and I'm looking to create at least 1 but maybe a few large perches for my patio. I will be free ranging some large chameleons out there very soon and want to provide more horizontal perches than my trees and hanging plants can provide.

I'm struggling to find grape wood larger than 24" online and one place locally has a single large piece but it's not cheap and I would need multiple pieces to make it work as a perch because of its shape.

Think parrot perch but for chameleons I guess. My ideal plan is to seat a relatively straight "trunk" in a flower pot of concrete and then have horizontal branches at about 5-6' high. That would be ideal height for their comfort with easy feeding.

Brainstorm ideas if you would be so kind.
Hibiscus branches are great you have to dry them first. Very safe I feed blossoms to my uromastyx

Back
Top Bottom