Looking for feedback

well I have no idea if it's a different animal or not, I'd say it looks pretty similar and who could/would go to the trouble of getting a similar looking one to then kill it just to get his/her money back?? I mean if he had another one almost exactly alike wouldn't that person just not order one and keep the first one? unless the chameleon is playing dead (which I'd doubt), it would have to be extremely set-up by the person in advance to pull off a stunt like that or would have to be the most freak coincidence ever...

I feel sorry for the poor thing more than anything... imagine dying in darkness in a small enclosed area from suffocating from either extreme heat or cold or by being thrown around like a box that the ups guys assume contains clothes or other non-living objects.

That is the main reason I would never buy a chameleon or any animal for that matter, by being shipped from online purchase etc.. I'd much rather have the comfort of picking one up in person even if it means driving a couple of hours or waiting a couple of months for the next reptile show

but that's just me !

Tyler....

I am just curious about something. In witnessing 4 chameleon deaths I have found that their eyes turn black almost immediately and parts of abdomen (organs) as well. First was a my trio of brevs (odd, unexplained deaths) and then of course Luna who died on my lap (I have pics of all). The dead cham doesn't seem to have any of the "death" coloring, in fact, the colors seem brighter than first pic. The darkness on casque and cheek is the same as pic #1. No one else mentioned this so I am assuming I am wrong and/or there is variation species to species (though that would seem odd - dead is dead) or some other reason. If it died in transit I would think the death pall would be quite obvious.

Any thoughts or reasons?

lele

Hey Tyler,
Just FYI, UPS are terrible in handling packages. I have several incident where the UPS guy would not post a door tag nor would ring the door bell. One incident, i have my chameleon shipped and schedule to arrive at 10:30 in the morning.... it actually arrive around 5-6pm at night and it was 30'F outside. This one is the classic, one of the UPS guy decided that he would just go home after 5pm. So, he drive all the remaining packages back to the UPS facilities and claimed that i wasn't there to received my packaged. They are pretty irresponsible. Tuesday, I had my cricket shipped to my place and the cricket box was ruin and several hundred cricket escaped during transportation. The UPS guy claimed that the box was shipped ruin. OMG...!!!! Thats why i always trust DHL and FedEX.... they are pretty good (at least around Buffalo, NY) ...UPS>.........HELL NO!!!!

It looks like the same cham . how acclamated was it . how active was it before shipping . that is wried two times thoe . very wried . but dealt with dhl two times and lead to 6 out 9 chams dying . with broken bones and stress . don't use dhl shipping to portland OR . you said your shipping with ups ,never had any problem with them . both side of these would such . unless they got two chams and a couple bucks . was there a pic of the other cham that was ship , don't need to see it just wandering . because it easy to git a live pic of a cham but not dead one that look like the cham that was sold . good luck jeremy

that funny the post about shipping with ups . and me talked bad about dhl . I guess ever where and driver is different . stand buy hateing Dhl in Portland Or thoe. good day jeremy

Back
Top Bottom