looking for breeder

BROLUVBONE

HELLO again,
Unfortunaly Echo my veiled perished. Do not know why?She was eating,drinking and had nice colors. She also perished right before my 24x24x36 screen enclousre came in. I had her in a 18x12x24. Now I have my new setup can I put a new cham in this large of a cage? I am looking for a breeder . I visited a couple of site which I heard were good like Kammfaglechhams. What are the benefits from pet store chams and breeder chams? Are the chams alright after overnight shipping ? And has anyone know how reptile depot.com are with cham sales? Any info wood be greatly appreciate. BROLUVBONE

Hey BROLUVBONE, sorry to hear that about your Cham :(. I think it would be alright to house a new cham in that size of a cage (24x24x36). Kammerflage Chams have a good rep (www.chameleonsonly.com) or FL Chams (www.flchams.com) if your looking for Veileds. If your looking for Panthers check out www.prismchameleons.com, www.screameleons.com, or www.chameleonsonly.com. I heard bad things about reptiledepot and advise not getting a cham from them. Its better to buy from a breeder then a pet store because 99.9% of the time you see how bad the pet store chams are, unhealthy, living in the wrong conditions (glass aquariums) etc. Its way better to buy off a breeder.

Hope this helps.

I third that! ;)

Ed and Liddy Kammer are just about as fine as you get in breeders. One that was not mentioned if Bluebeastreptiles.com

I also do not recommened getting an animals for the dept, rays, reptilecity and other "companies". You want to steer clear of those that carry a zillion different species - it's like factory farming. All those mentioned (the good ones) specialize in just chams or a few added species.

I would strongly suggest that you try to determine what happened to Echo. If it was husbandry you may need to reevaluate.

As for the cage size, if you get a young cham (remember NOT under 3 months old) he might have a hardtime finding prey in a large cgae unless he cup feeds.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom