Looking for a good soil to replant plants in

katttt12

Looking to go get a bunch of new plants today but looking for a different soil to potentially use because I have been using like an all organic gardening soil which I think is not doing my plants to well but I could be wrong, it’s a very thick soil.

I would recommend going to a local plant nursery and asking them what’s the best organic soil for your type
of plant. It could also be your lighting

Sunshine Mix #4 :). Home Depot, purple bag, 25 bucks.

And second the rocks in the bottom. However you have to put Rocks then Screen (fiberglass insect screen works well) then soil. If you just put rocks, it serves no purpose as the soil will just pack around it and defeat the drainage layer.

Never use miracle grow it's full of steroids , Chameleon enclosure or not it's bad news.

I like fox farms soils , they have three types of organic.

Regular fox farms

Happy frog , the earthworm castings, bat guano, and aged forest products keep yo plants happy

The one I typically use is called Ocean forest and uses forest products, sphagnum peat moss, earthworm castings, bat guano, fish emulsion, and crab meal for it's nutritional blend.

They are available at most nurseries and are omri certified
https://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/category/soil-and-soil-conditioners.html

Never use miracle grow it's full of steroids , Chameleon enclosure or not it's bad news.

I like fox farms soils , they have three types of organic.

Regular fox farms

Happy frog , the earthworm castings, bat guano, and aged forest products keep yo plants happy

The one I typically use is called Ocean forest and uses forest products, sphagnum peat moss, earthworm castings, bat guano, fish emulsion, and crab meal for it's nutritional blend.

They are available at most nurseries and are omri certified
https://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/category/soil-and-soil-conditioners.html

That looks like good stuff, that price is insane though. I would go broke, quick lol. Its cheaper than ABG I guess though :p.

The Sunshine Mix also has Ferts in it, which you are going to need OP. Also, people on here love to say dont use Perilite, its just not realistic, cover the soil if you are worried about the perilite in either.

I get it at a local nursery a big bag is less than 20$ I'm sure online it's a bit more and shipping would be a nightmare for a big bag of dirt. The nursery has their own organic soil that's only 5.99 for a giant bag but I haven't used it cause it's typically more volume than I need at any one point in time . Fox farms keeps my neighborhood thinking I have a green thumb my plants do very well in it

That looks like good stuff, that price is insane though. I would go broke, quick lol. Its cheaper than ABG I guess though :p.

The Sunshine Mix also has Ferts in it, which you are going to need OP. Also, people on here love to say dont use Perilite, its just not realistic, cover the soil if you are worried about the perilite in either.
I've been trimming a screen cover to my Cham plants and putting some Spanish moss at the base and some river rocks it's a nice aesthetic and works wonders from keeping him from eating the grow stones or soil. Keeps the bsfl from getting too entrenched and makes sure they can fly up the the top to become a winged buffet once they are ready.

I get it at a local nursery a big bag is less than 20$ I'm sure online it's a bit more and shipping would be a nightmare for a big bag of dirt. The nursery has their own organic soil that's only 5.99 for a giant bag but I haven't used it cause it's typically more volume than I need at any one point in time . Fox farms keeps my neighborhood thinking I have a green thumb my plants do very well in it

Oh ya that might change it. Ill have to check my nursery's. All I can find online is 1.5cuft bag loose, for 13+ shipping. Whats the bag size you get?

I'm very spoiled in San Diego with city farmer an organic nursery being in my neighborhood.

Thats the 1.5cuft bag, thats insanely expensive. 7.5cuft of SM#4 is 25 dollars. That Foxfarm is 4x as much, and has the same ingredients, actually has less stuff than the SM#4.

Edit: SM#4 doesnt have Bat Guana and they say that like its a good thing? IDK lol.

Now I want to add a bag of FF to my Sunshine to get some bat guana :). My viv holds 10cuFT, so doing pure FF would be way too much for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom