Long nails while handling

Jingi

Hi, I handle my male cham everyday and I was thinking if my long nails could hurt my cham, as nails are sharp and pointy.
Thanks

Ok?

Here is a picture I saw on the Internet:

My compliments to the photographer! Great shot!
Screenshot_2017-05-19-01-57-21.png

Matt: Wau, I thought they are fragile but hell, they can take something. Great shot also!
Thanks for it.

Why are your nails touching your cham? You shouldn't be grabbing him ever, unless an emergency.
I leave my arm in his cage and he climbs on me, then I either let him roam around his range or let him climb back into cage if he wants

Wow what's with the sassy remark? I think we all agree that chameleons are animals kid, if you're grabbing him with your nails then perhaps you should be the one reminded that they're animals.

Last edited:
Learn to scoop from underneath gently... or don't handle every day and stress out your chameleon as he tries to escape to your head.

Just because that cham is going through needles doesn't mean ours in captivity are suitable for that. If a bug can bite through a cham's skin so can a needle

No i realize that, i was just thinking a new-comer might take that the wrong way. Either way my bad i know i got a little heated, just gets on my nerves when people get advice and then ignore it or have a smarta** response. I know you and @Matt Vanilla Gorilla are great people and know your stuff. No disrespect and i won't argue anything further i think the op gets the point(pun intended). I apologize for being rude, short fuse today... ALWAYS slide your hand under your cham, don't grab. That's all

You actually took it as sassy behaviour? I am honestly suprised. I wasn´t trying to be mean,or sassy for matter. I had honestly good on my mind.

It is hard to interpret a persons tone from text. It's best to give the benefit of the doubt and clear up any misunderstandings with further explanation or questions. A happy emoji:) can help.
I agree with you @jamest0o0 for the benefit of the forum you have to treat every comment expecting it to be read by someone that may have no reptile experience OP or not. Eventually old threads get reread and you never know who the reader will be or their level of experience.

Back
Top Bottom