Lonely pascal

Newynewport

Hi guys just seeing if it's a good idea to pair up my male veiled chameleon with a female ? I have a mesh viv that's 45x45and 90 tall any advice would be grateful

No. Chameleons are very solitary, and even if you were to get a female in a separate cage they shouldn't be allowed to see each other. When they are able to see each other it will cause stress which will be to the detriment of each cham. If your guy seems "lonely" you can try free-ranging him if you have a safe environment for him to do so.

In a sense, yes. A lot of keepers have a separate area with a tree, or some plants and vines outside of the cage where their cham can wander around. Depending on how long you will allow him in that area you will want lights (both basking and UVB). Do not free-range him in an area with other animals or around things that could hurt him - basically baby-proof the area. I have a cat so the only free-ranging I do is on my screened-in back porch. I have a couple of ficus trees out there and take my boys out for a couple of hours in the afternoon, however I also realize that we have VERY different temperatures here in Southern Florida than you do in the UK. Do a search on here, there are plenty of pics of free-range set-ups so that you can get some ideas on what works best for you.

Back
Top Bottom