Lombardi Groovin'! (video) LOL

SoCaliSon

Avid Member
I was bringing him in from basking this weekend and decided to take a vid so you guys could see how friendly this guy is. When he was younger he would hide from me whenever he was outside and I was trying to bring him in. As you can tell from the vid now he is very comfortable with the interaction. You can also get a better idea of his size..and normal relaxed coloration. I freakin' Love this guy.:D

I added the music as I thought it fit perfectly...Enjoy!

CLICK HERE FOR THE VID!:)

~Joe

I still can't figure out how to embed from Photobucket if anyone knows how.:confused:

Thats so cool he comes right for your hand when you put it out! We've got one of Lombardi's brothers and he'll bite if you get too close. How often do you take him out to make him so tame?

Lombardi is just like his Dad! Friendly guy! Sarah-Joe got Lombardi real young and yours was with siblings for longer-he will mellow out a little.

That made me smile!

Dont u just love it when u put out your hand and they just grab onto a finger :D

I think I want a veiled just like that for Christmas :rolleyes:

Thats so cool he comes right for your hand when you put it out! We've got one of Lombardi's brothers and he'll bite if you get too close. How often do you take him out to make him so tame?

Yeah, he is really friendly. I am not used to male Veileds having this calm of a demeanor. He has learned that whenever I reach in for him it means food or he is coming out to go bask outside, which he loves. So I think after this time he associates me with those things he likes. I do enjoy when chams are comfortable around me like this... and I do hand feed from the beginning with all my Chams to help build this comfort. I also build their comfort by respecting their space... I rarely will ever force a cham onto my hand...and will only do it if it is totally necessary. The more stress free interaction you have with him ... The more comfortable they become with you over time... This is how it seems to me.

Here is a video I took about a month ago and didn't post it because it came out horrible... It is way to dark, and I sound like an idiot...But it shows a technique I used with Lombardi as he was getting bigger and I knew he would start developing the crazy Veiled attitude. You can see it enough to get the main idea...but bare with the poor quality.

Awesome Joe! I love the soundtrack!

Thanks Royden... Yeah... I discovered a new band while picking the song... It's Jet Set Six...They were in the "Lounge Music" Genre... They are awesome!

Lombardi is just like his Dad! Friendly guy! Sarah-Joe got Lombardi real young and yours was with siblings for longer-he will mellow out a little.

I was hoping he would be!!!:) I guess he was kind of young... 2.5 months but a solid healthy 12 grams(after the travel terd:D)... My favorite pic is the one of him climbing from the cup the first day.

That made me smile!

Dont u just love it when u put out your hand and they just grab onto a finger :D

I think I want a veiled just like that for Christmas :rolleyes:

I'm Glad! I put LOL in the title because even after like 12 times tonight it still makes smile every time...Then I realized it may not be as funny to everyone else.:rolleyes: I am glad it has the same effect.

The finger grab gets me every time... I love it. Sometimes I will show him my hand...and he'll reach out and grab it...but just stare at me with that grip on my finger and not crawl onto me, but then he won't let go... Cracks me up.

Oh yeah... You should treat yourself to a Christmas present!... I think he still has two cute lil bros available.:D

Thanks!

Joe

Great technique! Mine will all eat out of a cup except for the baby who will take a small super from my fingers. I think it's a good thing to teach your chams. I do throw in a couple of crickets for them to hunt though. They seem to like the chase.

Great technique! Mine will all eat out of a cup except for the baby who will take a small super from my fingers. I think it's a good thing to teach your chams. I do throw in a couple of crickets for them to hunt though. They seem to like the chase.

Thanks Naomi! I don't use this technique every feeding, just every once in a while. Lombardi was the first cham I tried this with as I wanted to raise him to be comfortable with us... and knowing the rep Male Veields have for being pissy buggers I spent extra effort in hand feeding and letting him learn to eat from my arm. This makes him comfortable when we do have to handle him, as well as keeps him comfrotable with our presence in general. I have had male Veileds that would hide in the plants whenver I came in the room and I never really got to enjoy them.

That is a great idea on keeping them tame. I wish I knew that when I first got my first boy. The only time I can get him out of the cage is if he is climbing up the door then i can open the door and pull him out. If he is in the tree though.... forget about it! lol!

Back
Top Bottom