Lola The Tegu

Do you really like Monitors/Tegus? I like Ackies, but I am just so busy to get one. Neat build!
I got ackies... Well only 1, the other passed away about a year ago (old age) ... They are fun but need a lot of space... Actually nearly as much as this Tegu! Caring for ackies is simple too waaaay less sensitive than chameleons, almost indestructible even.

@nightanole , clever setup! I'm going to build an enclosure for a tegu but will keep my ackie in there untill she passes... Are you planning to do winters rest? Good for their healt and makes em a nice part time reptile and saves money on food and electrics.:ROFLMAO:

Awesome animals!

I got ackies... Well only 1, the other passed away about a year ago (old age) ... They are fun but need a lot of space... Actually nearly as much as this Tegu! Caring for ackies is simple too waaaay less sensitive than chameleons, almost indestructible even.

@nightanole , clever setup! I'm going to build an enclosure for a tegu but will keep my ackie in there untill she passes... Are you planning to do winters rest? Good for their healt and makes em a nice part time reptile and saves money on food and electrics.:ROFLMAO:

Awesome animals!

The beardy brumates nov,dec,jan then pops out some time in feb. Im hoping Lola beds down the beginning of Oct and wakes up in April. Im thinking of just storing her in a tote in the downstairs bathroom that stays at 65F.

Right now the hardest part is to get her to eat her staple. She only eats dubia and "tegu candy" which is a grape or bluberry covered in a layer of ground turkey(i power the berry with supplements). However in my area they sell the BARF diet for dogs, so i have 2lbs ground whole chicken(less feathers) with extra organs, and 2lbs of ground whole lake michigan fish. She wont touch meatballs made of the stuff yet...

And thanks to you 2, i want a Akie now...

The beardy brumates nov,dec,jan then pops out some time in feb. Im hoping Lola beds down the beginning of Oct and wakes up in April. Im thinking of just storing her in a tote in the downstairs bathroom that stays at 65F.

Right now the hardest part is to get her to eat her staple. She only eats dubia and "tegu candy" which is a grape or bluberry covered in a layer of ground turkey(i power the berry with supplements). However in my area they sell the BARF diet for dogs, so i have 2lbs ground whole chicken(less feathers) with extra organs, and 2lbs of ground whole lake michigan fish. She wont touch meatballs made of the stuff yet...

I have not figured out the drop in temp yet but I guess just lights out will do. He'll be in the shed with the chams so it will be allowed to get pretty cold during nights and I can just put some extra heat in with the chams during days if needed.

Sorry...

Back
Top Bottom