Lola prefers greens to feeders

Cat129

Hey,

My female veilded prefers her greens to anything else that I give her. She completly ignor's the crickets and will eat 1 waxworm in the morning. She is only a baby (12 weeks) and i havent had her very long. Is there anyway I can make other food more appealing to her?

You may need to increase your watering. She might be seeking more h20. Then maybe try and not feed her anything for a couple of days. Nothing, greens or bugs. Then after those days have past try and feed her only a few crix. If she doent eat them after that you may need to see a vet.

she has just come back from the vet because when i got her she wasn't too good, i dont want to stop feeding for a few days as she is still a baby and i have been told this can be very bad for her, im pretty sure she drinking enough and she gets misted 2-3 times a day depending on the humidity of her viv.

At 12 weeks she is still a baby - babies need feeding every day! Have you tried offering her food in a cup rather than free ranging it? When Amy was that tiny I removed the back legs from the crix and put them in an empty margarine tub (I still feed her this way) and she always knows where her food is. I'm glad she's showing an improvement. Have you tried offering her anything other than crix to see if they get her attention more?

she likes her wax worms, but i know there not a good enough diet on there own. I will try the cup method and see how that goes, Thank you for that

A 12 week old veiled can go a couple of days without food. What do you think happens when they get shipped? Do you think someone packs the shipping containers full of bugs? She will be fine.

Greens are OK

Right???

The bugs eat the greens, and the cham eats the bugs. She actualy saves a step. Dont chams also eat flowers???

Not to be picky, but she was bred in England, and i would rather try getting her to eat before i take all of her food away and do more damage than good.

What does england have to do with her? It doesnt matter anyways. Ive dealt with lots of veileds. You wanted help and i gave it to you. Do what you want with it.

I'm not sure if you can get them where you live but how about fruit flies?

Sometimes the flies flying in the cage will stimulate them to eat.

How long have you had her?

You said you just got this chameleon a few days ago, so she is probably still settling in. Especially if she's getting used to a new cage and you were having some issues with lighting. When I brought home my baby panther, he didn't eat for a couple of days. Then he finally ate a bunch of crickets. Just keep offering crickets everyday.

i wouldn't worry too much, as long as the veggies are healthy. my evil yemen eats lots of greens when she's offers, while my other veilds only nibble at them. some of them just have different tastes.

Well, she needs to eat bugs but she can eat the plants in addition to the bugs.

Try silkworms or other worms that may get her interested. As Jessica said, flies would also be worth considering!

What does england have to do with her? It doesnt matter anyways. Ive dealt with lots of veileds. You wanted help and i gave it to you. Do what you want with it.

Calm down sparky :p I have also heard babies shouldn't go without food.

Hey, you might be in trouble but at least make sure the greens are varied, maybe put some spirulina or BREWERS yeast on them. I'd say the real culprit here is the WAX WORMS...yeah I second the notion for fruit flies and add you should not stress it out by constantly hovering around or touching it.

I cant get fruit flys where I live, and am finding it hard to source good feeders, I only have 1 pet shop near where i live for about 30 miles. If you know of any good online dealers in england, then that might help

Back
Top Bottom