Locusts heat

Yeah don't think imo heat mats are any use for locusts ( only wondered about red heat lights as 1 of my white basking lights fused today and I have a couple of reds about . I do have 3 ches which I'm planning on using as it's getting cold in the uk. 2 of which are bulbs 150 watt and a linear 240 . But obviously any of which would need to be put on thermostat ( also my adult locusts are in an exoterra enclosure, so don't really know how the plastic in the screen top would cope with the the che heat 🤔

Yeah don't think imo heat mats are any use for locusts ( only wondered about red heat lights as 1 of my white basking lights fused today and I have a couple of reds about . I do have 3 ches which I'm planning on using as it's getting cold in the uk. 2 of which are bulbs 150 watt and a linear 240 . But obviously any of which would need to be put on thermostat ( also my adult locusts are in an exoterra enclosure, so don't really know how the plastic in the screen top would cope with the the che heat 🤔
IDK about using a red light for basking. Definitely an unh-uh for nighttime.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=chameleon+red+light

The heat mats I referred to are used by folks raising dubia roach colonies—very low temp (under 100F).

The red basking light is for the locusts ( not chameleon) and I use heat mats for my roaches . Just wondering if. 1 a red light is ok for locusts and 2 is it ok to leave it on at night or would it be best no light at night and use a che at night

Back
Top Bottom