turbohb

I have a question about a location where i want to put marleys cage. Would it hurt any if i put his cage next to a window and have the blinds open during the day.

thanks
aaron

I think that putting the cage near a window depends on the cham. Some will be stressed out by it because they try to get outside, but the screen stops them. I had a male veiled by a window and that lasted all of about a day. He was almost DIGGING at the screen to try to get out. So, it just depends on what your chameleon does.

Also, be sure that the sunshining in the window doesn't overheat your cage. Take lots of temperature reading with a digital themometer with a probe or with a temp gun to be sure that the ambient temps aren't too high.

UVB light does not pass through glass, so putting them next to the window does not eliminate the need for a UVB light.

Lastly, chameleons like to be above their keepers. Place your cage on a stand or cabinet that allows your chameleon to be able to get above your head level. This helps them to feel more secure.. like they are "hiding". The entire cage doesn't have to be above head level. Just enough that the chameleon can get high enough that he thinks that you can't see him. Planting the cage heavily also helps with this.

I think that putting the cage near a window depends on the cham. Some will be stressed out by it because they try to get outside, but the screen stops them. I had a male veiled by a window and that lasted all of about a day. He was almost DIGGING at the screen to try to get out. So, it just depends on what your chameleon does.

Also, be sure that the sunshining in the window doesn't overheat your cage. Take lots of temperature reading with a digital themometer with a probe or with a temp gun to be sure that the ambient temps aren't too high.

UVB light does not pass through glass, so putting them next to the window does not eliminate the need for a UVB light.

Lastly, chameleons like to be above their keepers. Place your cage on a stand or cabinet that allows your chameleon to be able to get above your head level. This helps them to feel more secure.. like they are "hiding". The entire cage doesn't have to be above head level. Just enough that the chameleon can get high enough that he thinks that you can't see him. Planting the cage heavily also helps with this.

OK ill try it and she what happens with him and keep an eye on the temps. here is a pic of my setup i built the stand i think it high. Let me know what u think.thanks

marleyscrib1.jpg

I think a chameleon might be stress if there is car traffic outside the window. It was something I noticed when I brought my cham outside last summer, he would duck at every car passing by. Might be something he would get use to.

Back
Top Bottom