Local Pet Shop

MrGonzo123

Hello Forum Fam,

I hope I do not get a lot of negative feedback from what I'm about to say.
Yesterday I gave my 3-4 month female Veiled Chameleon to my local pet shop to take care of. Unfortunately I'm moving and my new place does not allow Cold Blooded pets:mad::mad::mad:... This pet shop has plenty of reptile s and the staff were very knowledgable and happily took my F.Cham...

Hello Forum Fam,

I hope I do not get a lot of negative feedback from what I'm about to say.
Yesterday I gave my 3-4 month female Veiled Chameleon to my local pet shop to take care of. Unfortunately I'm moving and my new place does not allow Cold Blooded pets:mad::mad::mad:... This pet shop has plenty of reptile s and the staff were very knowledgable and happily took my F.Cham...

I'm sorry to hear you had to give up a member of your family, it's always a hard decision to make. It's becoming quite a frequent thing now that rentals do. When we had a chow chow we had to get specialty home owners insurance because of his breed. Hopefully this pet store will find a new home for her with a quality keeper.

I am sure you could have found someone on here to give it to as well. Hopefully the pet shop takes care of it and finds a good cham owner for him. What kind of cham is it? How old?

what are cold block pets ive never herd of this before?

I believe the post was (cold blooded pets) and you mean (Heard) ...lol,

Its unfortunate that you had to give up your female cham, hopefully the pet shop can move her along to a forever home, if you could no longer care for her or werent allowed to keep her you did the best thing you could, next time, if be, try offering a forum member adoption, that way you can always keep up with her and know she has a great life.

I lived in an apartment with a no-pets-except-cats-and-dogs rule. But heck, we had 20 geckos anyway. At the end of the day, if they ever come to your house and everything is clean and neat, they won't make anything of it. But if you have a single chameleon and they need to come in, and you don't want to risk it, throw a blanket over the cage. They can't really ask you what it is. But I understand not wanting to risk it.

Sorry you had to make that decision!

It seems so odd to me why a landlord would choose not to allow "cold blooded" pets. They don't rip up the apartment, soil the rugs, make noise, dig up gardens, leave bombs on the lawns, bite neighbors, or smell (unless you have monitors!), and their hair doesn't clog plumbing.

Times like this are tough friend. It's too bad that you couldn't keep your chameleon but life throws us some tough choices from time to time. I hope better times find you in the future.

if electric is included in the rent I can see why no cold blooded animals. The other thing is looking at his town and signature he may not have a choice- Military.

Good luck to you and whenever you settle down I know you will find a place in your heart for another Cham!

if electric is included in the rent I can see why no cold blooded animals. The other thing is looking at his town and signature he may not have a choice- Military.

Good luck to you and whenever you settle down I know you will find a place in your heart for another Cham![/QUOTE

I definitely have room for another Cham in my heart !:D:):D

Back
Top Bottom