Loads of dead morio/ super worms!!!!

jojothefirst

So me and my dad bought alot of morio worms which arrived on tuesday and we looked up what to feed them and a few threads said to use Bran so that is what we did. Today I have found that around a quarter of them are dead for a 500g bag!

Is it the bran that has done it
or were they likley to have been on there last legs or already dead (but we didnt notice) before we recieved them?

I have had morio's before but only in small amounts so didnt add any extra food to what they came in

This is the bran I used:
http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Breakfast_Cereals/ASDA_High_Bran_750g.html

What kind of container did you have them in? They need good airflow, something with alot of holes or a screen lid works best. Supers are strong and have a long life, they shouldnt die that easy. Also just to be safe, I would hold off on using any live ones as feeders just in case something is really wrong with them.

Bran is fine. I use bran, oats, flax, nuts, etc as substrate. They also need a source of liquid - I use carrot, dandelion, fruit etc.
Supers are pretty hardy. It is not usual for them to die off that quickly.

Is it possible they got too cold or too hot during shipment to you? Is it possible that the container you are keeping them in once held chemicals? Did you have a lid on them (no air)?

I would contact the place you got them from and request a refund.

yea i had carrot in with them and abit of letice.
The small tank there in has a lead which allows alot of air flow so that cant be it.
It is cold hear but i wouldnt say its so cold it would kill them.
Think i will hold off on feedin the live ones off

Back
Top Bottom