lll isnt cricket proof

naich

so after having the cage for several months i have noticed that crickets CAN bite through it. they have dented the wire and cut it in small places...i would think after a few years they could easily escape....any one have this issue?

:confused:
I purchased all my cage at lllreptile. They are aluminum screen though, not reptarium (the plastic one).
So far, I have no crickets whatsoever able to chew on the screen.

alluminum mesh as well from LLL, i love their products, work the best so far.

i am not a fan of the reptariums, allthough they do work, and the super big ones are fairly cheap in comparison.

Unless they don't make them with aluminum any more...

so after having the cage for several months i have noticed that crickets CAN bite through it. they have dented the wire and cut it in small places...i would think after a few years they could easily escape....any one have this issue?

I've got about 50 or so and the only thing that destroys the screen is me. No crickets have ever chewed their way out of the aluminum screens. I had issues with water and corrosion but that's why I got the reverse osmosis system, to stop that.

what are you feeding your crickets? dusting it with steroids? Yup only one who destroy the cage is myself. Poking holes for misting system and trying to hold up vines, decoration....

Do you have mouse or rats in your home? Maybe they are chewing up the screen. Just a thought.

Crickets get out of mine, too... but only at the bottom of the cage where the PVC was cut oddly.

Do you have mouse or rats in your home? Maybe they are chewing up the screen. Just a thought.

lol....no

its the alumnium screen cage 24 by 24 by 48 and they are just strong jawed crix...i was just wondering if anyone had this happen to them and knew how to stop it...like an apoxy to cover it or something?

wow that is quite interesting. Aluminum screen is supposed to be bug resistant which is why people prefer it for there houses. I know if it is a big cham there nails can bend the aluminum a little by climbing on it but I have not seen crickets do it yet...

lol....no

its the alumnium screen cage 24 by 24 by 48 and they are just strong jawed crix...i was just wondering if anyone had this happen to them and knew how to stop it...like an apoxy to cover it or something?

are you using those black crickets?
Even so, I wonder how the heck did the cricket can chew out of metal screen.
I would suspect that superworms have much stronger jaw.
Even them unable to chew the screen.

I would suspect something at work here.
Mice? rodent like creature?

well supers dont last 5 seconds in the cage and i use normal field crickets from online stores like mulberry and gnahns.

just a cat...but he wouldnt do that and he is pretty big so a bigger hole would b from him...and he is never in my room and is scared of the cham(lol he freaks when the mister goes off out of nowhere)

the cham is a male...and in the 8 months in my care he has been walking on the screen in the lower part of the cage...like a foot from the pvc(thats where the holes and dents are) like 2 times.

and the crickets ussaly are at the top...so what is it...im posotive there are no mice we have been here for 8 years and never any sign

what are you feeding your crickets? dusting it with steroids? Yup only one who destroy the cage is myself. Poking holes for misting system and trying to hold up vines, decoration....

Agreed, the only thing putting holes in my screen is me. Whenever I put up vines or perches, I tend to do small amounts of damage, but still no escapies. Good Luck.

here is a thought. since those crickets are so rowdy, get roaches, you'll never have to buy crix again. trust me, i got them, and my parents who have commited roach genocide multiple times, dont care about the dubia roaches. they have no smell and i have a super sensitive sense of smell. trust me, roaches are the way to go.

Sometimes the doors can be a little crooked allowing a small gap either at the top or bottom. Check the door and see if everything is flush, if not, just bend it a bit. I have never had problems with crickets or anything else eating its way out of aluminum screen cages :confused:

Chris

I dont think crix can chew through aluminium screen but they can eat holes in flyscreen I learnt that years ago. :)

Back
Top Bottom