Liver infection

Picture of attack or it didnt happen :hilarious:
PXL_20230608_211457249.jpg

PXL_20230608_211508550.jpg

I just have the evidence 😅 one side got it worse than the other. The shallower side has the clearly defined teeth marks.

Hi folks! The 3 month recheck showed that his liver still isn't back to normal, so Dr. Bruce advised keeping him on milk thistle for another 5-6 months. Basically helping him out with a supplement as he continues to heal.

Today Yoda was having none of it and bit my finger. Funny enough right after that he calmed down and let me give him the meds. In the past he's bitten me but those must've been mild because my finger is throbbing and I can see all his teeth marks in my skin. 😅

Is Dr. Bruce sure it’s an infection? Has he checked for Cirrhosis?

Is Dr. Bruce sure it’s an infection? Has he checked for Cirrhosis?
He hasn't mentioned cirrhosis. He said the alternative is to get Yoda scoped by another vet, but given his progress so far he thinks the supplement will get him back to normal. What made you think of cirrhosis?

He hasn't mentioned cirrhosis. He said the alternative is to get Yoda scoped by another vet, but given his progress so far he thinks the supplement will get him back to normal. What made you think of cirrhosis?

I had a male veiled that had liver problems. It took the vet awhile to figure it out (Needle Biopsy) that is was cirrhosis.

I had a male veiled that had liver problems. It took the vet awhile to figure it out (Needle Biopsy) that is was cirrhosis.
Oh wow! Yes the idea with doing the scope is to get a biopsy at the same time. But we haven't gotten there yet. What's the treatment for cirrhosis? How'd your boy do after the diagnosis if you don't mind me asking?

Oh wow! Yes the idea with doing the scope is to get a biopsy at the same time. But we haven't gotten there yet. What's the treatment for cirrhosis? How'd your boy do after the diagnosis if you don't mind me asking?

My vet used the ultra sound to put the needle into the liver and draw out a specimen to send out to pathology. Once she found out it was cirrhosis she put him on an addition med along with the milk thistle. I’ll get you the name of it tomorrow. Sadly, he passed. 😢 There is no cure for cirrhosis, but he did very well on the meds for 6 to 8 months and he had liver problems another 6 months before she found out it was cirrhosis. Before the diagnoses he was only on the milk thistle.

My vet used the ultra sound to put the needle into the liver and draw out a specimen to send out to pathology. Once she found out it was cirrhosis she put him on an addition med along with the milk thistle. I’ll get you the name of it tomorrow. Sadly, he passed. 😢 There is no cure for cirrhosis, but he did very well on the meds for 6 to 8 months and he had liver problems another 6 months before she found out it was cirrhosis. Before the diagnoses he was only on the milk thistle.
Liver support formula 45ml
(Sam-e, Lactulose & Milk Thistle)

New meds that were added
Probenecid/Colchicine susp 21/.02mg/ml

Hi all, just had a 6 month check up for Yoda's blood work. It's slightly better but liver values are still elevated. Biopsy is definitely an option but not sure I want to put Yoda through anesthesia when the milk thistle seems to be managing the liver values. Dr. Bruce is going to consult some other vets for other treatment ideas in the meantime.

On a brighter note, I realized that one of Yoda's photos from last year got submitted to the calendar and won! I was so excited to see that given that I've been MIA since starting my job search (May) and getting a job (September). Even when I'm not around I'm grateful for this chamily. 🤗

Hi all, just had a 6 month check up for Yoda's blood work. It's slightly better but liver values are still elevated. Biopsy is definitely an option but not sure I want to put Yoda through anesthesia when the milk thistle seems to be managing the liver values. Dr. Bruce is going to consult some other vets for other treatment ideas in the meantime.

On a brighter note, I realized that one of Yoda's photos from last year got submitted to the calendar and won! I was so excited to see that given that I've been MIA since starting my job search (May) and getting a job (September). Even when I'm not around I'm grateful for this chamily. 🤗
So glad to hear he is doing better! I hope he continues to do well ❤️

Back
Top Bottom