Live wall and future bioactive build

Yo you act like I know this info :LOL: I’ll just make my husband suck it up :ROFLMAO: what is this vacuum you speck of you Canadian goddess??

Ehhh, may have lied on the vacuum, unless you used a PVC pipe wide enough for a wet vac to get into it. I'd say get a self starting siphon, like those used for gas. Ezpz! No sucking required :p

I was thinking about replacing the bottom with the pvc sheet at the bottom of my diy cages. Then I would drill a hole into that, do you think that would work out fine?

If you completely remove any wood, you're good, if not, you need to waterproof it. Its not as bad as it sounds. The only concern with the pvc sheet is that its not sturdy enough to support the weight of the substrate on its own. Unless you plan to place that on top of the wood bottom, in which case, you still need to waterproof the hole or moisture will get between the layers.

If you completely remove any wood, you're good, if not, you need to waterproof it. Its not as bad as it sounds. The only concern with the pvc sheet is that its not sturdy enough to support the weight of the substrate on its own. Unless you plan to place that on top of the wood bottom, in which case, you still need to waterproof the hole or moisture will get between the layers.
Ok got it, I thought about that after I posted, wasn’t sure if it would support the weight.

Ok i just remembered I had this water pump. Do you think it will work if I put it at the bottom to drain so I don’t have to drill a hole? image.jpg

Ok day two of painting the planter boxes with flex seal. I had to go to the dollar store and buy new paint brushes, googone, and utility rags. Kinda forgot the flex seal would seal my paint brushes :smuggrin: so don’t be like me ppl 758E5F6C-789B-4282-A155-DD57AF04EB95.jpeg

Ok both planters are done, I did my final coat of flex seal.

FBA51406-F804-4085-BA9A-A2BEE931418C.jpeg

I’m waiting on my hydro crunch balls to come in

C59186C7-B52A-461D-A7DB-719CFE27C1C7.png

So for the drainage problem this is what I have come up with. A water pump, hose line, and a pvc pipe (they came with the contact paper). In put in welcome to make this drainage layer better :) (y) 4081F38B-9F6C-4B86-A765-7F801CC4C815.jpeg 4608DBBE-17B7-4ED8-A479-696A6B1518CE.jpeg FD5D244E-0778-4779-843B-E7737020C6E0.jpeg

Ok both planters are done, I did my final coat of flex seal.

View attachment 243316

I’m waiting on my hydro crunch balls to come in

View attachment 243317

So for the drainage problem this is what I have come up with. A water pump, hose line, and a pvc pipe (they came with the contact paper). In put in welcome to make this drainage layer better :) (y)View attachment 243318View attachment 243319View attachment 243320

Let me know how that pump goes for you! I'm still considering using one, but I'm not 100% sold. (y)

Back
Top Bottom