Live wall and future bioactive build

Also reported this plant so larry can free range on it while I rip apart his cage
image.jpg

I’m truly a trash troll :smuggrin: i found these on the side of the road and they came home with me. CEE76961-DA25-4438-B2E8-19BFCC45A8B3.jpeg

The ppl have now put out a book case I might go back for.

I bought all this stuff today to fix up the boxes. I need to distract myself from the rats b4 I end up in a patted room and a white jacket.

0C6AD491-C030-4554-99E9-D227E219F00A.png

I’m going to be drilling a hole at the bottom for my drainage. Question how do I drill a HUGE hole?

I’m truly a trash troll :smuggrin: i found these on the side of the road and they came home with me. View attachment 242891

The ppl have now put out a book case I might go back for.

I bought all this stuff today to fix up the boxes. I need to distract myself from the rats b4 I end up in a patted room and a white jacket.

View attachment 242892

I’m going to be drilling a hole at the bottom for my drainage. Question how do I drill a HUGE hole?

how huge is huge? We use a hole saw drill bit, you can get them in varying sizes. Makes a nice, neat hole. If you don't care about neatness and want to save a few bucks, you can use a drill bit to drill a bunch of holes and then use a small saw blade to clean up the edges.

Are you going bio with those boxes? Cause if you're going bio you won't need a drainage hole, just a pipe or whatever to access the drainage layer/siphon excess as needed.

how huge is huge? We use a hole saw drill bit, you can get them in varying sizes. Makes a nice, neat hole. If you don't care about neatness and want to save a few bucks, you can use a drill bit to drill a bunch of holes and then use a small saw blade to clean up the edges.
I was going to use a sink drain cap as the drainage stopper. I think I’ve seen the drill bit your talking about in my dads tools b4 D04EA641-692A-4FE2-88E5-84FACBF573CB.png

Yea I had a feeling it was going to be a bit hard to find the right drill bit size. I mean I can always do what @GoodKarma19 said and just put a pipe down to the drainage layer but that seens messy. I don’t want a mouth full of nasty in my life

Yea I had a feeling it was going to be a bit hard to find the right drill bit size. I mean I can always do what @GoodKarma19 said and just put a pipe down to the drainage layer but that seens messy. I don’t want a mouth full of nasty in my life

Then don't start the siphon with your mouth, genius! :ROFLMAO: :p There are self starting siphons out there, or you could try a vacuum. Or just git gud. :unsure:

@snitz427 is this what your referring to?View attachment 242901

Yep! They'll make easy work of it. Are you putting something in/around the hole to waterproof it? I know you're waterproofing inside the box, but make sure you waterproof inside the hole and underneath it or you'll have moisture damage from that. We bought a cheap metal (tin, maybe?) pipe flange at homedepot to line our drainage hole, then put silicone around it to seal it.

Yep! They'll make easy work of it. Are you putting something in/around the hole to waterproof it? I know you're waterproofing inside the box, but make sure you waterproof inside the hole and underneath it or you'll have moisture damage from that. We bought a cheap metal (tin, maybe?) pipe flange at homedepot to line our drainage hole, then put silicone around it to seal it.
I was thinking about replacing the bottom with the pvc sheet at the bottom of my diy cages. Then I would drill a hole into that, do you think that would work out fine?

Back
Top Bottom