Live plant question

The only bamboo I could find locally is in ¼" stakes, so I plan to bundle 3 together with jute (not twine).
This should also provide a better grip-hold. Wrapping jute around a stake is an alternative to sanding. It doesn't have to be densely wound (like on a spool); an open (but tight) spiral wind—once in each direction—should do the trick. ;)

The only bamboo I could find locally is in ¼" stakes, so I plan to bundle 3 together with jute (not twine).
This should also provide a better grip-hold. Wrapping jute around a stake is an alternative to sanding. It doesn't have to be densely wound (like on a spool); an open (but tight) spiral wind—once in each direction—should do the trick. ;)
Just keep in mind... it does mold. Also do not have one located directly under a misting nozzle because the water will go down into the center space of it. It was quite disgusting when I pulled the bamboo from my enclosure to replace with all real wood.

Just keep in mind... it does mold.
"It"... which—the bamboo or the jute?

Also do not have one located directly under a misting nozzle because the water will go down into the center space of it. It was quite disgusting when I pulled the bamboo from my enclosure to replace with all real wood.
Ahh... the bamboo. THX—I'll keep a mold watch. Before I found the bamboo stakes, I got some solid green vinyl garden stakes about the same size but stronger, and textured for gripping. If the bamboo is problematical, I can swap it for the vinyl. :)

"It"... which—the bamboo or the jute?

Ahh... the bamboo. THX—I'll keep a mold watch. Before I found the bamboo stakes, I got some solid green vinyl garden stakes about the same size but stronger, and textured for gripping. If the bamboo is problematical, I can swap it for the vinyl. :)

Yeah the bamboo molds. On the outside but really bad down the center of it if moisture can spray into it. :)

Back
Top Bottom