Little quads!

guanagator

Avid Member
Young pair of graciliors that I got a lil while back, they are fascinating little ones the male is very calm and hand feeds regularly. He is same one Janet posted pics of a few weeks back. Little girl is a bit shy but has gotten used to the daily routine.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Few pics from last weekend, the gracilior male is now over 33g and female pushing 29g probably at 30 by now weighed them first of the month and she has been feeding on anything offered, loves the smaller discoids and BB flys. Starting to see her red nails, tried to focus on them in one pic, the back foot one nail shows hints of red. Male hates the camera but is way more tolerant of me than his sister. Had to have a shot of my adult quad quad, showing his love for the mistking.
1.0Grailior3.jpg
LarryMistking1.jpg
1.0Gracilior2.jpg
1.0Gracilior1.jpg
0.1GraciliorRedNails1.jpg
0.1Gracilior1.jpg

Last edited:
Haha they do! Larry my quad quad has that personality too, the sweetest old grandpa one day then grouchy give me food and leave me alone the next. He's not shy like the little Gracilior that's for sure, let's you know how he feels and doesn't retreat.

They look great!

I see that one red nail! I have a picture like that--one bright red nail, well, half a nail, and four clear ones on the same foot. Don't be surprised when the red comes and goes.

They look great!

I see that one red nail! I have a picture like that--one bright red nail, well, half a nail, and four clear ones on the same foot. Don't be surprised when the red comes and goes.

It does seem to come and go, she's showing more red today than when I took pics. Unfortunately the male seems to have broken 2 nails, little guy has cork walls on 3/4s of enclosure and still managed that. My guess is it happened when he was hanging upside down the first few weeks and I just noticed when he finally crawled onto my arm yesterday. Will be keeping a closer eye on his little feet.

Great animals, great pictures!

CHEERS!

Nick

Thanks Nick, looking forward to surprising them all with the new feeders from you. They love discoid roaches so the green bananas should be a real winner. I'll try and get some hunting photos.

Gracilior update

These little ones have remained rather camera shy, still swivel on the branch more often than not once I start shooting. I don't handle them except to move outside for sun and they seem to tolerate that ok. Since its been hot they have been inside for the last couole months with no handling at all and it seems I've gone backwards with he male. For the first time ever he disked on me was last month when I took him out to get a weight check! Little Tormund is lucky he has a planted viv with a nice soft floor, he then proceeds to climb onto my hand instead of the branch I was trying to guide him towards. Funny creatures. He was at 72 grams that last check 7/10/16, not a very big eater but the last week he finally decided he liked hornworms again! (I've offered them every week for months)
FC767E6E-7F76-47A1-8184-CE7D6B252AE3_zps7xlntkmz.jpg

Last day he was outside.
564101E2-CA73-40A1-9F0D-9FAE014211A9_zpsk4hv1973.jpg

Loving hornworms this week after a 3-4 month break.
4C76CA6E-F7DA-4588-A64E-6FB7B48B685A_zpsb7col77y.jpg

Needless to say I've been generous and he's put on some weight I'm sure. He's a big cricket fan and only takes roaches on occasion, seems the ones that prefer roaches but on weight faster. His sister for example eats everything she sees, I've seen her shoot at mosquitos outside. She currently is gravid with an infertile clutch so I haven't weighed her recently don't feel the stress is worth it since she's feeding regularly I'm not concerned, it's overeating that would worry me on her part. She's been showing gular edema and some general puffiness since she started showing signs of being gravid last month, it seems to vary by day and cutting supplementation has had no effect, it has only showed since she's been inside so hoping it cools down enough by September to get her some outside natural sun time in the next couple months.
C136943C-7AC1-4412-A5A6-6A68A6BD265F_zpsszvkm9ii.jpg

They both have been upgraded to dragonstrand breeder cages with clear doors that hold the humidity in while still allowing nice ventilation with the screen top and bottom access panel. I'm using bioactive substrates for both setups which also helps maintain humidity gradients as the basking areas at the top dry completely between mist sessions.
6EA94BE5-00FC-4AB7-A206-96837171004B_zpsytfxdlgg.jpg

Still prefers the crickets, his little horns aren't so little anymore.
3D789F6F-D22C-45AE-B569-DE5DA6EC3BE6_zpsep0yxunr.jpg

The colors on his crest continue to amaze me, as does the depth of field on this macro lens!
0F2813C9-3740-49FF-9DB2-AFABF1DABC47_zpsff5cvocs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom