Little help please?

IMN3W

Jackson baby. Need to know how often to feed? How much they sleep? He seemed to be doing a lot better the first couple of days hunting his own food, lively. Now seems lathargic and not interested in eating. Any and all help greatly appreciated!!
attachment.php

Last edited:
I'd leave him in his cage alone for a while, he may just be stressed. If he less than 5 months approximately, which he sure looks like , Id feed him as much as he wants. But not all at once. I think too many bugs in his face will freak him out. And supplement them too with calcium etc.

hes about a week and a half old very young just worried about him humidity around 65 to 70 and temps between 65 and 80.

my jackson's had babies last, last sunday so ours are about the same age. they are successfully eating fruit flies, 1/8 in crix and 1/4 in crix. i sprinkle the bugs on the top of the tree leaves. i mist the cage every time i go by; maybe 5-10 times a day. they also go outside for several hours to all day (i live where it is warm). i can't count individually how much they eat but it is a lot. they drink water droplets off the screen (an aluminum framed cage). they have definate periods of activity/rest/sleep. i feed them when they are active which is 2 times in the day (morning and afternoon). at night, once the sun starts setting they literally stop where they are and go to sleep and sleep thru the night (i checked).

i was told to keep them in a fairly small cage so that the prey was 'near' so they are in a 12X18X18 i think. i have really little plants that aren't tall in there so that the bugs don't get too far out of reach - and one skinny bio-vine. i don't handle them at all - b/c of the stress of being touched- every one here has warned me that it is a no-no.

also they have colors to match their activity - solid beige when sleeping at night, zebra stripes when active, solidish black and brown during rest

hope this helps and it is ok. i get my food from bigapple; they ship next day air and are very friendly.

Didn't buy that young, my wife works at a petsmart and since they are not a breeder they can not sell babies. The store will adopt out the babies to the employeees. Thanks for the replys it sounds like he is stressed will put him in a low traffic area and leave him alone for awhile except for feeding and misting. Another quick question, If I dont see him start eating should I force feed?

Didn't buy that young, my wife works at a petsmart and since they are not a breeder they can not sell babies. The store will adopt out the babies to the employeees. Thanks for the replys it sounds like he is stressed will put him in a low traffic area and leave him alone for awhile except for feeding and misting. Another quick question, If I dont see him start eating should I force feed?
If they don't breed and cant sell where did they get them from?

Back
Top Bottom