Little dripper with mist king?

RoseWithWings

I just got a mist king in the mail and have it all setup but was wondering if I need to have the Little dripper if the mister is going off every 2 hours?

I doubt you will need a dripper with that mistking going off every 2 hours. In fact every 2 hours is even a little much.

I would have it going until it runs out and then just refill it the next day.

Just make sure the enclosure dries out between mistings.

I have a mist king as well and it goes off several times a day. One of my males WILL NOT drink any water other than from a dripper. I'm not sure if he is just spoiled or what but I always have a dripper going even with the mist king.

The only reason I have it going off every other 2 hours is because we live in Arizona and this has been the only successful adventure with maintaing our humidity. But the cage does dry out in between mistings.

I have one guy that loves his dripper so I keep it going. I also find it helps water the plant in that cage. This particular guy is on the top of my rack system so its a pain to refill the dripper. A trick i used was run a line into the dripper from my Mistking. Every time they mister goes on it ads to the water level. I just put on a low flow water attachment from Home Depot. I have not had to fill the bottle in 4 months. Never overflows and never runs out :D

I have one guy that loves his dripper so I keep it going. I also find it helps water the plant in that cage. This particular guy is on the top of my rack system so its a pain to refill the dripper. A trick i used was run a line into the dripper from my Mistking. Every time they mister goes on it ads to the water level. I just put on a low flow water attachment from Home Depot. I have not had to fill the bottle in 4 months. Never overflows and never runs out :D

Post pics and a diagram, pretty please? This sounds like an amazing solution to my number one problem.

You say every two hours...you are not misting at night right? Some chameleons do not drink from mistings. I happen to have two of them!! lol So I would definitely run the dripper, unless you are reassured that they drink from the mist. The problems with drippers is the excess water and then figuring out drainage.

That is an AWESOME idea!! Our drippers are a bit to reach aswell and this setup idea is GENIUS. You should start a thread with pictures of your setup!! :D

Last edited:

You're Genius...!

Back
Top Bottom