little creatures mixed in with crickets

Fate X

i had to buy 1000 1/2 crickets back in december,i got them from flukers and there was small beetle like bugs and tiny catapiller type bugs mixed in with the crickets. the small catapiller bugs seem to keep reproducing they cling to the eggcrates they get about a inch ,they also are kinda furry.

they been living with the crickets ,now today when i went to take my crickets up for the chameleons there was some of these in the bag ,i put them 5-8 in a tray and put in in fireball's cage.

if she eats these catapiller bugs will they kill her ?

tomorrow im gonna be taking pictures then i can show you what im talking about.

If they are black beetles, all is good. If they are hairy looking wormie thingies, do not feed them. The hair can be very irritating to the chameleons tongues

The two bugs are put in sometimes to clean up after the crickets and keep smell down.

i put a tray of the hairy things in her cage ,i can remove it in the morning,maybe she won't eat any.

If they are black beetles, all is good. If they are hairy looking wormie thingies, do not feed them. The hair can be very irritating to the chameleons tongues

The two bugs are put in sometimes to clean up after the crickets and keep smell down.

I never knew what those beetles were from. I never have fed them to my chameleons. Now I know Thanks

They are usually meal worm beetles. Cricket breeders often also breed mealworms, and they will either put some in, or some beetles will escape into the cricket areas wiuth their wing fluttering hops.

Back
Top Bottom