Lipstick Plant

Jo00

Established Member
I just got this beautiful lipstick plant with many blooms. Usually I spray down plants with dish soap and water and rinse a couple of times. Will it destroy the blooms if I do the usual? Should I just wash each individual leaf?
1642974686546.jpeg

I am so very jealous of your plant! :cautious:😁 If I had ever been able to find one so big and beautiful, or had the little sprig I’ve been nursing along for 1.5 years had grown, I maybe could tell you how best to clean it. I would say gently spray with soapy water and gently but thoroughly rinse. You could use your fingers to gently clean the leaves a bit.

Thanks. I’ll do that! It’s really spectacular. Got a tropical pitcher plant at the same (local) garden centre about 4 weeks ago and it has tripled in size in the enclosure I set up for my baby panther coming when the weather permits. Then I saw that Bill’s plant list was updated and cautions against using in baby enclosures😬. So I snagged this to switch it out if needed. I’ll clarify if only the pitcher presents a danger and, if so, I might just snip off any pitchers until he’s older. In that case, Ricki the veiled will love to take it😆. Thanks again.

Thanks. I’ll do that! It’s really spectacular. Got a tropical pitcher plant at the same (local) garden centre about 4 weeks ago and it has tripled in size in the enclosure I set up for my baby panther coming when the weather permits. Then I saw that Bill’s plant list was updated and cautions against using in baby enclosures😬. So I snagged this to switch it out if needed. I’ll clarify if only the pitcher presents a danger and, if so, I might just snip off any pitchers until he’s older. In that case, Ricki the veiled will love to take it😆. Thanks again.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that information. I’m following up on the caution not to use for baby enclosures.

Back
Top Bottom