Link for basking

Can anyone give me a direct link to what they use for their chams basking light? Home Depot, Amazon or chewy would work great. I would do best ordering with a direct link rather than having to look around on my own.

I have a 5 month old veiled chameleon.

Hi so different members will reccomend different things / products. Some use house hold incandescent, some like myself use halogen, I personally use arcadia ( sorry don't know how to add direct links ) anyway I'm in the uk. One thing I would say is to have different wattage bulbs to see what works best for you and keep spares . My basking spot is on an exo yerra light bracket so can be raised or lowered accordingly. With the third picture you can use a bracket and the exo terra clamp to create a thermal gradient at the basking area. Sorry I can't help with your actual question

Attachments

• 20210403_210953.jpg
    20210403_210953.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210812_173656.jpg
    20210812_173656.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210815_203206.jpg
    20210815_203206.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 74
Hi so different members will reccomend different things / products. Some use house hold incandescent, some like myself use halogen, I personally use arcadia ( sorry don't know how to add direct links ) anyway I'm in the uk. One thing I would say is to have different wattage bulbs to see what works best for you and keep spares . My basking spot is on an exo yerra light bracket so can be raised or lowered accordingly. With the third picture you can use a bracket and the exo terra clamp to create a thermal gradient at the basking area. Sorry I can't help with your actual question
Beautiful… what enclosure do you have?

There is no one-size-fits-all for basking lights. There are too many variables, so it's always a matter of trial & error. Direct links could get you the wrong thing for your enclosure.

For basking lights, I suggest (in order of preference):
  1. Household incandescent bulb (not LED)
  2. Incandescent flood light (not LED and not spot light)
  3. Halogen flood light (not spot light)
Be wary of commercial basking lights; many/most are spot lights, which can burn. Read the packaging carefully.

A clamp light fixture works well for basking lights. They are best mounted at an angle at a spot beneath the brightest light(s) in the enclosure (usually the plant lights).

1638026232623.png

Back
Top Bottom