Lightyourreptiles Tropic Blaze HO T5 24" Quad Fixture Review

Revival

Hello everyone. I wanted to do a review on Lightyourreptiles Tropic Blaze T5 Quad Fixture.

This quad fixture includes:

- 1 Arcadia 12% bulb
- 2 6.5k daylight bulbs
- 1 Plant Pro bulb

I have owned this fixtures for about 2 months now. I wanted some time to evaluate the function and the quality of this fixture.

Why I went with this fixture?

I explained to Todd in detail what our set up was going to be. 24x24x48 with some pothos for our sub adult panther chameleon. After a few emails, we both agreed that the Tropic Blaze was the perfect light for our situation.

Packaging
When I ordered this quad fixture, I was curious about how everything would be packed. Like everyone else, I was praying that none of the bulbs would be damaged during the shipping especially because the fixture was traveling from the East Coast all the way to the West Coast. When I received the fixture, I was impressed! The fixture was carefully package and not only was happy everything in perfect condition, it also showed me that Todd takes pride in his work.

Quality
The quality of the fixture is simply amazing. We recently transitioned from the aquarium hobby to reptiles. I owned a lot of different aquarium lights in the past and none of it compares to the quality of the Tropic Blaze. The attention to detail and just how the fixture looks and feels. If you own this fixture, you know what I am talking about!

Function
This light comes with 3 cords. 2 cords control the 4 bulbs and a 3rd cord that controls the nightlight. The fixture also has 3 switches. From day one, everything has worked perfectly. We have the fixture on timers and have not had a single problem. The fixture also snaps into place onto the cage to keep it nice and secure which is a big plus. The Arcadia light needs no introduction and the importance it has for your cham is priceless. The 2x6.5k and plant pro bulb is a dream for your plants.

Price
When people get into hobbies, especially reptiles, things can get expensive. People want to save money or go the cheap route. This is NOT an area where you want to sacrifice quality for price. I have always believed that you get what you pay for and I also believe in doing things the right way the first time. This light is $150 but it serves a purpose for our panther and his enclosure. I owned $150 aquarium lights that did nothing for our fish other than making the tank and the fish look "pretty". This fixture is worth every penny and our chams thank us for it. We alway tell them thank Todd, not us.:D:

Cons
My personal con is the night light. It works perfect and looks awesome but it is unnecessary for our chams. So basically I have an extra cord dangling around. I wish there was a version without the night light but it wouldn't make sense to remove it when it may serve a purpose for other reptile owners.

Customer Service
One word. Outstanding. Over the years of buying things online, I like to ask questions and inquire about the item(s) I might be interested in. I can tell when answers are generic and its a real turn off. But not with Todd. From the first E-mail, I could tell he was passionate about what he does and believes in his products. I also respect someone who takes pride in his work. He has answered every single question I had in detail (all million of them) and even helped me with other set up questions not even pertaining to the fixture. I have been blown away with his customer service and he has exceeded my expectations.

So all in all, would I recommend this light? Hell yeah I would. Would I purchase another one? We already did! We own 3 Tropic Blaze Quad fixtures and plan on ordering more when the time comes.

Thank you Todd for such a quality product! Our chams thank you too.

Now for some pictures.

Switches

Snaps into place

Top View

Colors

Enclosure with Tropic Blaze

Enclosure with Tropic Blaze and Heat Lamps On

Front View

Note: We have added more plants to the enclosure for more cover since the pics were taken.

I gotta agree with all the above statements,Todd at light your reptiles is above and beyond customer service,and definitely cares about getting you what you need as opposed to just up selling you on something you dont.
Nice looking enclosures also btw. Well done!

I have the exact same fixture and love it as well. I like the night light LED's I keep them on all the time, and I like the "moonlight" effect at night.

100%. I've had it for a little over two months, and everything about it is great. I only have one gripe about it...the "Tropic Blaze" sticker peeled off! WHAT GIVES TODD!? What kind of subpar manufacturing is this?!?!?! :D

100%. I've had it for a little over two months, and everything about it is great. I only have one gripe about it...the "Tropic Blaze" sticker peeled off! WHAT GIVES TODD!? What kind of subpar manufacturing is this?!?!?! :D

LOL!
I will send you some extra stickers in your next order :D:D

You can put them everywhere!
hah

Thank you & I appreciate ya'
Todd:D:D

Thank you and musings on Nite Lites....

Hello everyone. I wanted to do a review on Lightyourreptiles Tropic Blaze T5 Quad Fixture.

This quad fixture includes:

- 1 Arcadia 12% bulb
- 2 6.5k daylight bulbs
- 1 Plant Pro bulb

I have owned this fixtures for about 2 months now. I wanted some time to evaluate the function and the quality of this fixture.

Why I went with this fixture?

I explained to Todd in detail what our set up was going to be. 24x24x48 with some pothos for our sub adult panther chameleon. After a few emails, we both agreed that the Tropic Blaze was the perfect light for our situation.

Packaging
When I ordered this quad fixture, I was curious about how everything would be packed. Like everyone else, I was praying that none of the bulbs would be damaged during the shipping especially because the fixture was traveling from the East Coast all the way to the West Coast. When I received the fixture, I was impressed! The fixture was carefully package and not only was happy everything in perfect condition, it also showed me that Todd takes pride in his work.

Quality
The quality of the fixture is simply amazing. We recently transitioned from the aquarium hobby to reptiles. I owned a lot of different aquarium lights in the past and none of it compares to the quality of the Tropic Blaze. The attention to detail and just how the fixture looks and feels. If you own this fixture, you know what I am talking about!

Function
This light comes with 3 cords. 2 cords control the 4 bulbs and a 3rd cord that controls the nightlight. The fixture also has 3 switches. From day one, everything has worked perfectly. We have the fixture on timers and have not had a single problem. The fixture also snaps into place onto the cage to keep it nice and secure which is a big plus. The Arcadia light needs no introduction and the importance it has for your cham is priceless. The 2x6.5k and plant pro bulb is a dream for your plants.

Price
When people get into hobbies, especially reptiles, things can get expensive. People want to save money or go the cheap route. This is NOT an area where you want to sacrifice quality for price. I have always believed that you get what you pay for and I also believe in doing things the right way the first time. This light is $150 but it serves a purpose for our panther and his enclosure. I owned $150 aquarium lights that did nothing for our fish other than making the tank and the fish look "pretty". This fixture is worth every penny and our chams thank us for it. We alway tell them thank Todd, not us.:D:

Cons
My personal con is the night light. It works perfect and looks awesome but it is unnecessary for our chams. So basically I have an extra cord dangling around. I wish there was a version without the night light but it wouldn't make sense to remove it when it may serve a purpose for other reptile owners.

Customer Service
One word. Outstanding. Over the years of buying things online, I like to ask questions and inquire about the item(s) I might be interested in. I can tell when answers are generic and its a real turn off. But not with Todd. From the first E-mail, I could tell he was passionate about what he does and believes in his products. I also respect someone who takes pride in his work. He has answered every single question I had in detail (all million of them) and even helped me with other set up questions not even pertaining to the fixture. I have been blown away with his customer service and he has exceeded my expectations.

So all in all, would I recommend this light? Hell yeah I would. Would I purchase another one? We already did! We own 3 Tropic Blaze Quad fixtures and plan on ordering more when the time comes.

Thank you Todd for such a quality product! Our chams thank you too.

Now for some pictures.

Switches

Snaps into place

Top View

Colors

Enclosure with Tropic Blaze

Enclosure with Tropic Blaze and Heat Lamps On

Front View

Note: We have added more plants to the enclosure for more cover since the pics were taken.

Thank you again Chad for such a nice write up!
I am glad you are pleased.

I tried to source the best fixture at a reasonable price and I think we have hit the mark with the quads.

I do want to say that I actually understand the "to nite lite" or "not nite light" debate.

What folks may not know is that the factory charges the same whether the quad fixture is made with LED night light or not.

I know!!
how weird is that??

So I would be crazy not to get them made up with LED nite lites -
since the manufacturer is including that feature is basically free.

As it was explained,
since practically all of those lights they make at the factory all have the led nite lights...
It is actually more of a pain for them to switch over the production line to do nite light- less units.
.. hence no cost difference.

Do the Chams need nite lights? ..... nope.

Do the Chams benefit from an hour or so after lights go out of dusk to go to bed and their way to their sleeping spot? ...... not needed, but also may not a bad idea either. :)

What I suggest is that if folks want to use the nit light feature... you don't have to leave it on all night.

Just get a trusty 5.99 wal mart light timer and have it go on at lights out and stay on for about an hour or so after lights out to create a "twilight" effect.

But it is totally up to the customer.

OH...and I also have a HINT on how to adjust nite light brightness.

IF you like the Blue LED moon lite-
but think it is still on the bright side....
simply take a sharpie black permanent marker and color over part (or all) of the little led nite lite lens(s) with the marker.

This will tone down the moon light effect you are getting --
if you feel it is bright for the cham or for aesthetic reasons.

It will still emit light colored over, just allot less. And creat a really cool effect.
And, if you ever want to un- dim / un-blacken the LED nite lights , simply use a dab of rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and the blk. sharpie wipes right off.

Ah the ol do I need moonlight thing lol. This is a debated topic in the reef aquarium community, I use a lunar cycle on my reef tank as it would Def get moonlight if the moon is visible. Chams I assume would be different,where they live in dense forested areas that moonlight may not break through unless at full. I like moonlights for nocturnal viewing the enclosure at night but don't run any on my cham enclosure.

Agree with the OP.

Todd and LYR rock!

That is all. :cool:

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I appreciate you Big Gulp, and all my customers support because without them... well...
I just would be sitting looking at piles of lights. LOL
:D

Just general side note to anyone following LYR's progress--

I WILL be doing the YouTube Channel soon at the LightYourReptiles.com "Studio" here in the heart of the Maine woods.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeI7gWC4raADl_fM1JrYsGA

*sigh*... unfortunately I had some health issues recently :(
and was in the hospital...
but now I am better and back on track, so this is one project (along with the free range light fixture project.) will be getting back on track as well. :)

Cheers and thank you.
Todd
www.lightyourreptiles.com

Attachments

• lyr studio2.jpg
    lyr studio2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 228
Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I appreciate you Big Gulp, and all my customers support because without them... well...
I just would be sitting looking at piles of lights. LOL
:D

Just general side note to anyone following LYR's progress--

I WILL be doing the YouTube Channel soon at the LightYourReptiles.com "Studio" here in the heart of the Maine woods.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeI7gWC4raADl_fM1JrYsGA

*sigh*... unfortunately I had some health issues recently :(
and was in the hospital...
but now I am better and back on track, so this is one project (along with the free range light fixture project.) will be getting back on track as well. :)

Cheers and thank you.
Todd
www.lightyourreptiles.com

Hope you're feeling better Todd.
Now,go light some reptiles sir.

Hope you feeling better Todd! Thanks again for everything and will be looking forward to your YouTube channel!

Todd, I hope you're feeling better. Will you be attending the New England Reptile Expo in Manchester, NH? It's September 27th.

Todd, I hope you're feeling better. Will you be attending the New England Reptile Expo in Manchester, NH? It's September 27th.

I am afraid due to scheduling I will not be there.:(

But I will be there in spirit!

It is a good show.
:)

Back
Top Bottom