Lights always on

SweetPea

I was told by a reptile guy to leave her basking light all the time because it gets quite cold in the house. I did not know about the infared light untill I can across this site and you have all been such help. I will go buy one tomorrow. my question is will having the sopt light on all day and night hurt her. should I turn if off tonight? I am worried about her getting to cold Thanks, Amy

Veiled chams are biurnal. They are awake and active during the day and sleep at night. Lights should be on 12-14 hours a day, then off for sleeping. Veileds actually do better with a temp drop at night, so unless your house is below 55F at night, she should be fine.

SweetPea said:
I will go buy one tomorrow. my question is will having the sopt light on all day and night hurt her. should I turn if off tonight? I am worried about her getting to cold Thanks, Amy

do not bother with the infrared light, they can still detect it and will disrupt her sleep. If you really need to heat up then get a ceramic heater (just be sire to use a ceramic socket for it).

I live in NH and keep the house quite cool at night. Luan's temos would get down to 62-66 in the winter. I did drape towels on her cage to help, but she was fine.

How long have you had her? Have you been keeping the light on 24/7?

Chameleons should have a night time period like all other creatures in the world. A regular day/night time light exposure is the preferred method to use ;) .

Back
Top Bottom