Lightning bugs from hell!

Haha that must be awkward for the other guy... ._.

So far Wikipedia hasn't done me wrong. So I would agree with camaleonte. (By the way weren't you a Senior Member?)
LOL, Nope. no Senior title for me
Except for when an article is wrong. I had to correct an article on a field of math on time (One on Nuclear Physics as well). They screwed up a couple of things... With the more obscure articles like that, mistakes seem more common.
i've had to correct a few myself. there was one on rattle snakes and another on marine life. and i had to correct a few pictures.... wiki annoys me lol
Nicely said, Preekoo...go far you will.
loving this speaking i am.
my great grandmother is a white human version of Yoda she is, and with out knowing who yoda is :D

my great grandmother is a white human version of Yoda she is, and with out knowing who yoda is :D

It kinda creeps me out that I read that in a yoda voice.

Now answer me this, I assume they are toxic for humans, but are they lethal like they are for lizards. I realize this may be silly, but I bet kids would try this. What would be the affects of ingesting one? would it take more than one to cause any ill affects?

Now answer me this, I assume they are toxic for humans, but are they lethal like they are for lizards. I realize this may be silly, but I bet kids would try this. What would be the affects of ingesting one? would it take more than one to cause any ill affects?

probably not lethal unless ingested in a huge amount. my friends little sister literary ate(or drank) the contents of a glow stick when she was 4... she was a bit ill but the doc said she would be fine... her skin had a glow for almost a week... i think the acid in our stomachs is pretty powerful stuff... but i would ask a Doctor, Biologist or a Chemist about that lol

Yea, I think glow sticks are something different lol. I've heard of alot of kids chewing on those, so they would HAVE to be non-toxic or else there would be hundreds of law suits on their hands.

Did it as well, I did. Obvious it is to do.

My mother in law used to make glow in the dark jewelry out of fireflies, including breaking them open and painting the juice on her skin (it was a different time) so it's not so toxic to humans that it can't be touched...of course, that's a far cry from consuming it....

My mother in law used to make glow in the dark jewelry out of fireflies, including breaking them open and painting the juice on her skin (it was a different time) so it's not so toxic to humans that it can't be touched...of course, that's a far cry from consuming it....

i read on wiki that a painter used them in his artwork. i'll admit :eek: i have smashed a few in my childhood >.>
but one with nature i am now, hurting other lives hurts my own it does.
:rolleyes:
if we searched hard enough, find a scientific paper on them we would.
may the force be with you all
yoda_quotes.png

Actually I knew a chick who drank it... she's still alive, but I don't know if she had complications or not.

I'm jealous. Since moving to America all my friends are either married to me or emerged from my body.

I'd hang out with you too. :D
Me and my friends would warp you so bad. Join us Trill... join us... we're the kind of nerdherd who does LARPs, zombie apocolypse plans, extremely weird jokes, and basically have our own language.

I'd hang out with you too. :D
Me and my friends would warp you so bad. Join us Trill... join us... we're the kind of nerdherd who does LARPs, zombie apocolypse plans, extremely weird jokes, and basically have our own language.

My small herd do that too.. my daughter has just turned 8 and took the Zombie Survival Guide with her on a 3 day school trip to a farm... It's still her favourite book. They spend hours on Super Scribblenauts making colossal beasts and regularly raid my bookcases for cryptozoology books to add more beasts to their menagerie...

Their favourite TV programme is Oddities, and they always beg me to go back to Evolution in NYC, where they sell loads of taxidermy stuff. Can one of you come and move near me? I promise to cham-sit so you can have long vacations!

So to summarize so far:

Lightning bugs are toxic due to the chemicals that cause bio-luminescence and will kill lizards but not people. Eliza is a female (supposedly we're not sure though because I heard something about drag queens in here) and everyone else is weird with weird friends who I would suppose ate too many glow sticks as children?

Did I get this right or am I missing something?

I feel sick!

before Doing Any Research We Fed Our Myagi (Veiled Chameleon) A Lightning Bug! Is There Anything I Can Do To Help Him?

Back
Top Bottom