Lighting

Mushy

Hello, I recently purchased a 24x 24x 48 cage for my cham and already have a RetisunT8 w/ the 5.0 & 10.0UVB bulbs, but don't know what I should be looking towards for a heating bulb & it's dome. Since the current lighting I have got for my cham is a dual bulb/dome, so i cannot really use that one for the new cage, you know?

Thank you, and yeah I have currently have my cham in a smaller cage right now which has said double dome, which is why i was looking for a new one for the larger cage, thanks again

Actually forgot to ask something, sorry. But, should i look into getting the 10.0UVB as well? And what kind of bulb should i use for a singular dome for his basking area in the new cage? (24x24x48)

Actually forgot to ask something, sorry. But, should i look into getting the 10.0UVB as well? And what kind of bulb should i use for a singular dome for his basking area in the new cage? (24x24x48)
No, a 10.0 is too strong for a cham in most cases, especially a T5 10.0.

For basking, a regular household incandescent (not LED) works fine.
You can use a clamp-on reflector dome. I've also used incandescent floods (not spots) mounted at an angle to provide a gradient.
1602772653172.png

Oh sweet, I actually have one of those in my garage just sitting around, is it safe to just sit on top of the mesh or should I prop it up a few inches? Also, what wattage should I lean towards regarding the household incandescent bulb(s)?

Oh sweet, I actually have one of those in my garage just sitting around, is it safe to just sit on top of the mesh or should I prop it up a few inches? Also, what wattage should I lean towards regarding the household incandescent bulb(s)?
I'd... not put it directly on the mesh; it could be too heavy or too hot over time. I support my lights on a couple of boards spanning the top, so the weight is on the enclosure frame—not the mesh.
Some folks use the Exo Terra Lamp Holder Bracket for Reptiles. I don't have one, but something similar should also work.

Wattage may be trial & error—too many variables. I've known folks to use anything from 40-100 watts.

Sorry for the extremely late reply, but thank you all so much for assistance and recommendations

Back
Top Bottom