Lighting requirements for panthers

zmoore91

im familiar with the heat end of the spectrum for panthers but I’m really trying to get deeper into uvb. I have the 5.0 coil style bulbs currently. I want to learn the difference compared to Arcadia lighting and etc. someone teach me so I can make a decision on how to improve my chameleons

Tube style uvb lights are 100% worth the investment and imho a necessity to keeping a chameleon that will thrive! I dont know any scientific facts, but I do know that compact uvb bulbs are noturious for causing eye problems..

I'm sure you will get the same response from a bunch of helpful members,but invest in a t5HO/ t8 setup ASAP, you and your chameleon will be glad you did!

Also, there are probably 100's of previous threads on lighting! Dont be frightened, EXPLORE!! One key skill successful keepers have is searching for their information. Enjoy!

Arcadia's main selling point is you don't have to replace as often as reptisun linear t5 ho. The coil bulbs are not powerful enough to penetrate through the screen & do not provide uvb.

t5HO linear uvb bulbs and fixture are best, with Arcadia 6% being the best uvb for panthers, but Zoo Med’s 5.0 linear is also great, along with either in a T8 fixture. I suggest upgrading now if possible. The chameleon breeder podcast has very informative episodes on uvb and Arcadia has books on uvb if you really want to dive into it. Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone, I guess more specifically I was looking on what the difference is in 6% and etc. I started searching on here and was overwhelmed so I thought it best to start my own thread. What’s the difference in t8 fixtures or whatever? I plan on changing this week

Thanks everyone, I guess more specifically I was looking on what the difference is in 6% and etc. I started searching on here and was overwhelmed so I thought it best to start my own thread. What’s the difference in t8 fixtures or whatever? I plan on changing this week
T8s are a tad weaker and t5HO are a tad stronger in outputting uvb. 5.0 and 6% are similar, just the 6% is 1% stronger than the 5.0

Back
Top Bottom