Lighting recommendations

halesf98

Right now the heating I have for my enclosure is a ceramic heat bulb. I recently bought a lighted bulb excuse it provides my enclosure more light during the day and it seems to get a bit hotter than my ceramic bulb. The ceramic bulb (50w) I have would temp at 78 degrees and the lighted heat bulb I just got (75w) works at 85 degrees. My juvenile cham seems to like the light and the warmer temperatures. I have always left the ceramic lamp on at night (no light). But the only way I can have light during the day is to change the ceramic bulb to the lighted bulb (which is a pain in the ass). Should I buy another dome lamp or is there a special bulb that can do heated nights and lighted days?

Do you not have a uvb bulb? You probably don't have to have heat at night. What is the temp of your house at night and what species of cham do you have? Chams need a cooler night time temp.

I have a UVB bulb as well, a separate unit. The temp varies because I live in an apartment with it being changed frequently but around 62-70 degrees. I have a 3 month old juvenile. I would be concerned slightly to do night without heat. What are your thoughts

Like @Thehippie said as long as it doesn't drop below 60 your fine. They actually need the night temps to be cool and humid so you should be fine to just keep the day heat bulb in.

Back
Top Bottom