Lighting for my panther

bbleifus

I would like some clarification about lighting for my panther. I have a Reptisun 10, 18 inch strip light that sits on top of the screen and a 50 Watt black light for basking. The temps at the highest perch in the cage varies between 80 and 85ish degress. Does this seem OK? Someone suggested that I remove the black light and use a regular 60 watt clear bulb. The lights are on for 12 hours a day (6:30am to 6:30pm).

i would remove the black lite and get a reg bulb, and try and get basking temps more 85 to 90 just my opinion

I would get rid of the black light and switch to a regular house bulb like Hoj said. As for the uvb light a 10.0 might be too strong, which could result in eye problems. Most of us use the 5.0 with ZERO problems.

I would like some clarification about lighting for my panther. I have a Reptisun 10, 18 inch strip light that sits on top of the screen and a 50 Watt black light for basking. The temps at the highest perch in the cage varies between 80 and 85ish degress. Does this seem OK? Someone suggested that I remove the black light and use a regular 60 watt clear bulb. The lights are on for 12 hours a day (6:30am to 6:30pm).

How old is your chameleon? If its a young chameleon you want to keep the temp at about 80 and older a bit higher than that. And yeah id suggest getting rid of the black light and getting a regular bulb. You can just use a regular house hold bulb.

I was told that the uvb-10 would be fine due to the fact that the screen of the cage will reduce the output. My chameleon in around 4-1/2 to 5 months old.

I was told that the uvb-10 would be fine due to the fact that the screen of the cage will reduce the output. My chameleon in around 4-1/2 to 5 months old.

DeviousMike was just stating what most of use with great success and that is the 5.0. If you notice your chameleon seeming to be bothered by the light by shutting his eyes during the day,or maybe not being too active then you know it is too strong. We can only tell you what works for us and that is your decision to change or keep what ya got.

Back
Top Bottom