Lighting for chameleon

Chamelover

Hey people,

I find in a t5 light with 5000lm 54w 220v but nothing is written about the uvb, and I can't find information about the light spectrume .
Someone know if it can fit my enclosure?
My enclosure size is 110h*75*60

54 watt means its a 46". I assume you dont measure in feet where you are at, so the hood is going to be 120cm long, so its not going to fit on your 75x60 base.

If the bulb does not list UVB, it does not have UVB. Most bulbs do not have UVB. You can not use a grow/plant/daylight/6500k bulb on a lizard, because they wont have the proper UVB.

54 watt means its a 46". I assume you dont measure in feet where you are at, so the hood is going to be 120cm long, so its not going to fit on your 75x60 base.

If the bulb does not list UVB, it does not have UVB. Most bulbs do not have UVB. You can not use a grow/plant/daylight/6500k bulb on a lizard, because they wont have the proper UVB.
first of all thanks for the reply.
I checked the wavelength(nm) spectrum power for a Lumilux fluorescent 54W and 49W T5 HO by OSRAM And it looks the exact same like the expensive UVB linear lights by the different brands.
here is a link for those different lights I saw :

https://www.osram.com/ecat/LUMILUX ...itsPerPage]=19&configure[clickAnalytics]=true

if you scroll down in the link you can see the data sheet for each bulb, then inside you can check the wavelength(nm) spectrum power.

for me it looks the exact same , please let me know what you think about it.

first of all thanks for the reply.
I checked the wavelength(nm) spectrum power for a Lumilux fluorescent 54W and 49W T5 HO by OSRAM And it looks the exact same like the expensive UVB linear lights by the different brands.
here is a link for those different lights I saw :

https://www.osram.com/ecat/LUMILUX T5 HO-Fluorescent lamps T5-Fluorescent lamps-Lamps-Digital Systems/com/en/GPS01_1027864/ZMP_60203/?Pquery=smartlux&page=1&configure[hitsPerPage]=19&configure[clickAnalytics]=true

if you scroll down in the link you can see the data sheet for each bulb, then inside you can check the wavelength(nm) spectrum power.

for me it looks the exact same , please let me know what you think about it.

spd-forest-t5.png

wave.png

They are not even close. All the OSRAM are missing the UVB phosphor group(big hump between 300-400). At best OSRAM might make a "black light" but that is just going to be UVA for lighting up UV paint.

wave.png

okay thank you very much , last thing, how's this one ?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000447131487.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.6e833c00P1Q6Pz&mp=1

I just find most of the UVB T5HO linear light and fixture out of my budget so I look for the most cheap but good quality I can have again thanks for the help !!

I dont know if that is a good one or not. The description is copy pasted from the zilla Repti Glo series, not coospider. Zilla does not make a T5HO, only T8 stuff. Further more, coospider does not make reptile bulbs, they make UVC sanitizing bulbs. And even more shady, the bulb says "cospider" not Coospider.

The answer to the initial question (first bulb) is here (from the linked page):

Light color (designation) LUMILUX Cool White​
...and in the other Photometrical data. If this were a UVB bulb, it would show up here.

Personally, IDT UVB is a place to (pardon the expression) "go cheap"—just too many unknowns.
I would stick with the well-known & proven brands—Reptisun or Arcadia—and save a few bucks on the fixture.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/need-a-better-uvb-light.184148/#post-1689350

I dont know if that is a good one or not. The description is copy pasted from the zilla Repti Glo series, not coospider. Zilla does not make a T5HO, only T8 stuff. Further more, coospider does not make reptile bulbs, they make UVC sanitizing bulbs. And even more shady, the bulb says "cospider" not Coospider.
you're a real professional thank you !
is that any place I can order a T5 HO UVB 5.0 and a fixture for 30 bucks or less ?

The problem with second hand stuff is you don’t know how old it is and a reptisun 5.0 over 6 months old is useless same with an Arcadia 6% over a year old, it’s useless because the uvb it puts out is next to nothing. Now you might be able to get the fixture used and save money there and then buy a new bulb.

Back
Top Bottom