Lighting Change!

Cberbs90

I went from the reptisun 5 dome light to the linear bulb and set up like it was suggested. I had to switch the basking bulb back to the clip which is making it so that its not facing directly down anymore. Is this an issue (picture posted.) i also changed the schedule from 8am to 10pm to 8am to 830pm and the basking light to 9am to 8pm. Suggestions welcome. I hate to change a thing that was working out so far but if it will help i want it to be done? Right decision?

I also added the pothos plant.

Attachments

• IMG_20180926_164210 (1).jpg
    IMG_20180926_164210 (1).jpg
    216 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20180926_164151.jpg
    IMG_20180926_164151.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 76
I went from the reptisun 5 dome light to the linear bulb and set up like it was suggested. I had to switch the basking bulb back to the clip which is making it so that its not facing directly down anymore. Is this an issue (picture posted.) i also changed the schedule from 8am to 10pm to 8am to 830pm and the basking light to 9am to 8pm. Suggestions welcome. I hate to change a thing that was working out so far but if it will help i want it to be done? Right decision?

I also added the pothos plant.

No one can answer if the light is fine like that but you.

The basking bulbs sole purpose is heat. Check the temp of the basking spot, if it's good, then your golden :). If it's not you can get the cheap clamp lamps at home Depot with a smaller reflector, don't look as pretty but a quick temp fix.

Mine sit at a slight angle. Only that you are in the right temperature range is important. ^^They beat me to it.

Are the other plants in the cage real? The one at the back is mildly poisonous if it's real.

Mine sit at a slight angle. Only that you are in the right temperature range is important. ^^They beat me to it.

Are the other plants in the cage real? The one at the back is mildly poisonous if it's real.

only one thats real ATM is the bottom pothos. and hes sleeping in it tonight :)

The fern? I don't think any ferns are toxic?

The dieffenbachia, one common name is dumb cane because of how it affects the throat and vocal chords. Animals that eat it lose their bark, meow or whinny temporarily due to swelling. Don't know what it would do to a chameleon? Don't want to find out.

The dieffenbachia, one common name is dumb cane because of how it affects the throat and vocal chords. Animals that eat it lose their bark, meow or whinny temporarily due to swelling. Don't know what it would do to a chameleon? Don't want to find out.

I didn't even notice that, thought it was some vargeited Pothos haha.

Funny that I googled it now. It's toxic for the same reason as Pothos, it contains Calcium Oxaltes.

Which on that note, I am not completely convinced of the calcium Oxaltes issue. People say don't use Ivy, it has calcium Oxaltes, then proceed to allow their Cham to devour an entire Pothos.

Back
Top Bottom