Lighting and heat

What is a cfl
Compact florescent light.

thS6BKBASW.jpg

Last edited:
How do i properly mist my cage because my mom keeps on flipping out that everything around my cage like my wall and carpet are getting wet and im going to have mold. Thanks for the help

How do i properly mist my cage because my mom keeps on flipping out that everything around my cage like my wall and carpet are getting wet and im going to have mold. Thanks for the help

You could put a shower curtain on the back and a drip tray below. Misting the correct way is going to soak your walls and carpet unless you have a back cover and drainage. Just the nature of the game :).

They do not like being misted directly, so if they run thats fine let it hide till your done, it will come out and get water after.

You could put a shower curtain on the back and a drip tray below. Misting the correct way is going to soak your walls and carpet unless you have a back cover and drainage. Just the nature of the game :).

They do not like being misted directly, so if they run thats fine let it hide till your done, it will come out and get water after.

Thanks i bet my mom will be very happy. Thanks for the help. And also do you know how big its poop should be because mine seems pretty small.

How do i feed it? Do i put a cup in the bottom or do i just throw some in the cage and let them be free? Right now i put about 5 in a small plastic cup in the bottom but it rarely goes down there.

I have my cup attached to the screen about half way up. I dont know the bottom would work very well. I would at first do both, however after you notice he is weating from the cup you can phase of free range if you want. Or free range sometimes and cup most of the time.

I have my cup attached to the screen about half way up. I dont know the bottom would work very well. I would at first do both, however after you notice he is weating from the cup you can phase of free range if you want. Or free range sometimes and cup most of the time.

What should basking spot be at because i have been hearing a lot of different temps. Thanks a lot for the help

I have two veiled females. One likes to be misted directly and the other runs and hides. I also use ice cubes. I place one or two on top of the screen and let them drip into the live plants. Liza, my larger female, catches the drips with her tongue. Stevie, my other female, likes to get under the drips and lets them fall onto her head to drink. It probably took three months before they were used to me misting the cage and did not freak out when water hit them. I also put them in the shower every once in a while, out of the direct spray, for about 15 to 20 minutes. They have both learned to like it.
When the sun is shining and its above 80 outside, we go out for 15 to 30 minutes. I let them hang out on a dead branch and put them where there is partial shade. When we go in, they are bright, warm, and very hungry! Besides crickets, I have found butterworms and waxworms are very good for them. I order them from Mulberry Farms. If you have a male, then upkeep should be easier than females. I have a 10"x16" tub with a mix of playsand and organic soil with a Schefflera Arboricola. Liza has laid 34 eggs and Stevie is eggbound and ready to lay hers! Veiled Chameleons are not the easiest pet to own, but they are great to watch. Its funny how different mine are, personality wise. Liza will eat out of your hand, but Stevie prefers to be left alone. Once you get them out of their cages, Liza is always on the move while Stevie will chill on your arm.

U will need a laying bin,have u try to read all the great info on the forum resource,below is the link ,study the info thoroughly it will help u to understand better,happy reading.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
If your baby is female and it's time for a laying bin, make one and give her access to it. I always put towels up around the cage. They do not like to be watched or disturbed. You will need to have some water available for her. Its exhausting for her. When you se the process, you will feel sorry for all she has to go thru.
You can set up a drip, but that has the possibility of making mud and that's no good. Try to do a set up that has water available and the laying bin not on that side of the cage. Or you can mist her w/o her seeing you. If she catches you watching, she may stop and start all over somewhere else.

A big part of cham keeping involves bug-keeping and plant-keeping. Sounds like you have a lot of research to do! I promise it gets easier as you go :)

Back
Top Bottom