Lighting advise

Mark.c.84

hi everyone I am after some advise and help, I’m just setting up my setup and have bought all the stuff I need with advise from the pet store, I’m just woundering as I have done some more looking and am worried about the bulbs I have been sold?
I have been sold a 45cm double canopy and a uvb bulb 10.0 compact and a uva 2.0 for the plants I’m just a little worried as everyone is saying on line to go for a tube, the only problem is I can’t find a small enough canopy for the tube for my setup and maybe this is why I have had this recommended?

Any help would be appreciate
Thanks again in advance mark

Attachments

• 1FC9394B-F610-4504-B023-E14B5A76DD21.jpeg
    1FC9394B-F610-4504-B023-E14B5A76DD21.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 49451555-41AA-4F9F-AE60-CD9B7C9C5D52.jpeg
    49451555-41AA-4F9F-AE60-CD9B7C9C5D52.jpeg
    377.3 KB · Views: 131
[content removed-duplicate post deleted-thanks-Deca]
What are the dimensions of your cage? It is generally not difficult to find a hood for the linear UVB models. If you can't find them locally, then use amazon or some other online source. Like it seems you already suspect, the compact fluorescent bulb you have is a poor choice and not recommended for chameleons

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the dimensions of your cage? It is generally not difficult to find a hood for the linear UVB models. If you can't find them locally, then use amazon or some other online source. Like it seems you already suspect, the compact fluorescent bulb you have is a poor choice and not recommended for chameleons

My set up is 45cm wide but I’ve tried looking and can’t find any that size

Last edited by a moderator:
Then run the tube corner to corner. That should fit the 24” quad(assuming your cage is 45cmx45cm).

Thankyou for your help and reply would it matter that it overhangs as my setup is only 17.7”

It will be fine. Is this going to be your enclosure for when your cham is an adult? If so,17" wide seems really small. Is the cham you are getting a baby or juvenile?

It will be fine. Is this going to be your enclosure for when your cham is an adult? If so,17" wide seems really small. Is the cham you are getting a baby or juvenile?
Yes this is only a temp one as he is only 16 weeks old and was advised not to get one too big as he won’t find his food ect,the aim is to get him into a bigger custom made one when he grows a bit

Yes this is only a temp one as he is only 16 weeks old and was advised not to get one too big as he won’t find his food ect,the aim is to get him into a bigger custom made one when he grows a bit

Good deal, you can use the better/bigger lighting fixture with his permanent enclosure!

Back
Top Bottom