light

The household bulb doesn't produce UVB. What is the bulb in the long hood? (Brand and information).
Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - a ten week old female veiled chameleon. from petsmart.
  • Handling - not often as she’s having aggression with me recently.
  • Feeding - i feed her crickets mostly with dubia worms for variety and they are bought from a pet store so i don’t know how they are gut loaded.
  • Supplements - i use a d3 repticalcium supplément once every two weeks.
  • Watering - i mist 2-3 times a day. i see her drinking often.
  • Fecal Description - normal solid feces, white with a bit of yellow urates.
  • History - none.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - glass and i leave the door open for ventilation.
  • Lighting - my long uvb is a vivarium electronic brand model EDJ24W. not sure about my heat lamp because it’s too hot to look in and check the make and model.
  • Temperature - cage floor is about 75, basking is 80.
  • Humidity - i spray twice a day to maintain humidity and don’t have anything to measure with.
  • Plants - i use golden pothos and a jade plant that i’m growing with a vine and fake vines.
  • Placement - in my room away from traffic and drafts.

Current Problem - Lighting concerns.

Ok so the vivarium electronic brand model EDJ24W is a T5HO fixture but what type of long bulb did you get to go in the fixture? This is where a UVB bulb would go. Can you send me the link to what you actually purchased so I can see what they included?

As far the daylight blue bulb it is very similar to a regular incandescent and actually does put out a white light. This would be for basking which is your temperature.

Ok so the vivarium electronic brand model EDJ24W is a T5HO fixture but what type of long bulb did you get to go in the fixture? This is where a UVB bulb would go. Can you send me the link to what you actually purchased so I can see what they included?

As far the daylight blue bulb it is very similar to a regular incandescent and actually does put out a white light. This would be for basking which is your temperature.
got it. and this is the bulb, i don’t have a link.
image.jpg

got it. and this is the bulb, i don’t have a link. View attachment 267022
Ok bulb strength on this is way too high for a single bulb fixture. You need either a 6% arcadia or a 5.0 zoo med uvb bulb. If your fixture is a 24 inch then the bulb for it is a 22 inch. Bulbs are 2 inches shorter then the fixture.

IF you use this bulb there has to be a 12 inch drop between where the fixture sits on your cage and the highest point baby can get to or the cham will be over exposed with UVB> Using this you will lose all of your upper area of cage.

When you switch down to either a 5.0 or 6% bulb the distance would be approximately 9 inches for proper UVB exposure.

Ok bulb strength on this is way too high for a single bulb fixture. You need either a 6% arcadia or a 5.0 zoo med uvb bulb. If your fixture is a 24 inch then the bulb for it is a 22 inch. Bulbs are 2 inches shorter then the fixture.

IF you use this bulb there has to be a 12 inch drop between where the fixture sits on your cage and the highest point baby can get to or the cham will be over exposed with UVB> Using this you will lose all of your upper area of cage.

When you switch down to either a 5.0 or 6% bulb the distance would be approximately 9 inches for proper UVB exposure.
so is zoo med a brand you’d recommend?

Back
Top Bottom